Do you wash your Snappi? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As I was taking a soaked CPF off of dd, I realized that the Snappi comes into contact with the wetness every time she power-soaks a dipe. Then I realized that I've been using the same one since my Snappi revolution not too long ago and it was probably pretty yucky.

So, being the odd duck that I am, I decided that I have to start washing and rotating my Snappis.

Does anyone else do this? :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 01:46 AM

I was just thinking about this today, and was actually going to post this same question! I never washed a Snappi until this afternoon. I was changing DD and was about to put the Snappi in my mouth to hold onto it while I got her diaper together, when I realized I had just taken it off a soaking wet diaper. GROSS! I don't know why it never occured to me before that these things touch pee all the time! After I changed her I took all my Snappis and washed them with dish soap!
#3 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 01:52 AM

DANG IT! $#^&&^%$*&&^!! Why did you have to point that out! Now I'm going to have to start wiping mine off -- maybe with a wee bit of vinegar & water.

Thanks a lot, Kate -- I really needed something else to do!

:LOL :LOL Just teasin' -- I'd never thought of it, but now I probably will have to start cleaning it off.

T Now I have a question for you...you reminded me of my Mother with that question, so I have to ask you -- do you use seperate laundry baskets for clean and dirty clothes? Or wipe them out after they've had dirty clothes in them? 'Cause my Mom used to & this seems about on par...

Thanks for the grin & chuckle! :LOL

#4 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

I didn't use separate laundry baskets before....
#5 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 11:51 AM

can't believe I am going to admit this, but I have a special snappi tupperware I throw them in. It is one of the salad dressing mixing ones. I keep water and vinager in there and when I get a couple, I change the water and put a drop of dawn in there and shake and rinse (repeat) :LOL
Shellys snappi care.
I never thought of this untill I took off a wet diaper one afternoon and got a new snappi and realized I was about to hold it in my mouth!!!!

Shelly-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#6 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kate42
I didn't use separate laundry baskets before....

:LOL :LOL :LOL
#7 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 01:05 PM

well...I can honestly say this never would have occurred to me. However, I would be wary of putting anything but water on it because I would worry other things (like soap or vinegar) would destroy the rubber over time.
#8 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 01:12 PM

I guess it probably isn't the way to get them the cleanest, but hey it is what I do for Joe's butt so I figure it is good enough for my snappi? I usually have too many wipes ready anyway, but I wipe the snappi, then clean up Joe, although lately it has been after I clean him up or I would have poopy boy scootin through the house. (I use a clean wipe though )
#9 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 02:39 PM

i shouldn't have read this thread. now i'm going to be washing my snappi's and wiping out my laundry baskets.
#10 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 02:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing... no experience washing snappis, but I gave my Koosh a bath in 6th grade and it was never the same, the soap and water totally dried out the rubber.

Maybe baby wash would be ok to use? If that works on wool diaper covers without stripping the lanolin, maybe it would work on rubber without stripping the natural oils?

Quote:
Originally posted by chaos_pie
well...I can honestly say this never would have occurred to me. However, I would be wary of putting anything but water on it because I would worry other things (like soap or vinegar) would destroy the rubber over time.
As for the laundry baskets, I have *thought* about this before but I only use one. I don't think my clean clothes spend anough time in the laundry basket to pick up anything.

DS T 11/16/03 DDs K & E 3/28/08
nak DS S 4/1/11
#11 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 04:45 PM

Okay, you guys are never gonna think of me the same...

I haven't used the sanppi in a long time, and dd's peepees have gotten a lot stronger, but...

I always put the snappi in my mouth, and I knew it had touched the peepee. I guess it just didn't gross me out. Maybe now that her pee is stronger I would hesitate, but I really think washing them is over the top-- at least for us! I mean, we have 3 dogs and they lick their butts all day! I have never gotten sick from holding the snappi between my teeth, and more importatnly, dd has never grabbed it and scratched herself with it. Okay everybody... unleash the puke smileys...

:Puke yes yes, I know...
*sigh*
lauren
#12 of 14 Old 10-05-2003, 04:48 PM

I did that too when I used a Snappi
#13 of 14 Old 10-06-2003, 03:35 AM

:LOL I'll admit that I too put a recently used snappi in my mouth

but you know what, I don't even care! I'm certainly not going to leave my wiggle worm DD on the floor and run to the sink to wash that snappi. I can only ever find one of those things at a time anyway :
#14 of 14 Old 10-06-2003, 03:38 AM

i put the snappi in my mouth ONCE. my older sister was here and i changed logan's dipe and stuck the snappi in my mouth, she WHACKED me in the head so hard the snappi FLEW out of my mouth. i said "wth did you do that for????" and she said "THAT THING HAD PEE ON IT YOU DORK!" it didn't even phase me or cross my mind. so now i make sure i don't put the thing in my mouth, especially when other people are around.

anyone else have carpeting that just attracts snappi's like magnets? my snappi's are always snagging the carpeting. i hate it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page