cottage industry doula/CBE - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 09-06-2006, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
Wondering who has had the experience of teaching and offering doula consults out of their home?? After months of searching out my area for places to teach and meet, I thought well Hell, my baby is in kindergarten very day for the first half of the day! I teach and consult at the clinic, but would like to offer my services to those seeking natural birth as well, I just enjoy that. If I do it here I can teach or facilitate discussion groups for pregnant women, which I have always thought would go over well. I would like to consult as a doula in my kitchen too, my MW used to do that and I looked forward to going to her house, so warm. Plus I have my reservations about paying for space when I don't make a whole lot of money in the first place!

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-07-2006, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a great plan, now to just get it going

start by asking your mw what she did, then join any CBE/Doula groups you can find to network.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page