Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Single Parenting (https://www.mothering.com/forum/234-single-parenting/)
-   -   Dating help!! (https://www.mothering.com/forum/234-single-parenting/1563337-dating-help.html)

amariehannah 04-21-2016 08:56 PM

Dating help!!

I'm a solo mama (father is not in the picture at all) and I've just begun dating again. Like only been on one date. I've not yet told him that I have a child and I have no idea how to even broach the subject. Help me please! I need all the advice I can get.

chickabiddy 04-21-2016 11:09 PM

What's wrong with something like: "Do you have any kids? Mine's two years old."

alpenglow 04-23-2016 12:09 AM

I would straight up ask him how he feels about dating women who have children. In online dating, this is a question that everyone answers when filling out their profile. This is important, imo, for you to know up front, as it could be a dealbreaker if he doesn't like kids (unless you are only looking to date casually and always get a sitter). Better to screen them out early on so you don't waste your already limited free time.

You don't need to volunteer any specific information about your child, e.g. age/sex at this point. I would ensure all my safety checks and screens have been done before sharing anything about your child.

EmilyVail42 04-23-2016 07:43 AM

Im a proud Mom of mine. So when it came to muly relationship i immediatly told him. Im glad I did it all worked out. But i have my kids has a priority so i had to let him know they come first, and discuss somethings about it with him.

Muller21pfg 07-29-2019 03:39 AM

Quote:

I'm a solo mama (father is not in the picture at all) and I've just begun dating again. Like only been on one date. I've not yet told him that I have a child and I have no idea how to even broach the subject. Help me please! I need all the advice I can get.
You know, I guess that there is no problem, you have to be sincere with that man so you have to tell him that you have a child, because the sudden news might scare him away, just trust me. Even if such situation will happen (I mean that if he will leave you), then he doesn't deserve you. In this case you may try dating sites, and, fortunately, there is an abundance of these dating sites. For example, recently I found the whole list of such dating sites at cupid dating site, and you know, I guess that it's a good option to find a partner that will worth you, that will love you and you will be able to love him. By the way, to support you, I even registered at dominicancupid.com, so, let's find a partner together :)

Iluminatis 07-30-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muller21pfg (Post 19755675)
You know, I guess that there is no problem, you have to be sincere with that man so you have to tell him that you have a child, because the sudden news might scare him away, just trust me. Even if such situation will happen (I mean that if he will leave you), then he doesn't deserve you. In this case you may try dating sites, and, fortunately, there is an abundance of these dating sites. For example, recently I found the whole list of such dating sites at cupid dating site, and you know, I guess that it's a good option to find a partner that will worth you, that will love you and you will be able to love him. By the way, to support you, I even registered at dominicancupid.com, so, let's find a partner together :)

do you think it will really help her???

sahilsharma123 10-16-2020 06:25 AM

Thanks for giving this guidance to dating. I also love to do dating with smart girls. Then my friend suggested me to use https://elitemailorderbrides.org/ which is my favorite dating website. Here I got many hot girls in a very easy way and got all options of chatting, meeting, and dating, etc. You must try this.

AdamScott 11-14-2020 02:57 AM

you know, you just have to tell him "I have a child" - this actually scares few men, especially if his intentions are serious, I know from myself :) I met my wife on backdoor dating site, she really had it is indicated that she has a child, but I could not resist. Now we are a big friendly family, and her son has become a friend to me

Jack Brown 11-16-2020 06:47 AM

Hi! I was seeing someone quite a while, yet they finished, and I was searching for a juvenile. Dating was frightful, and there was in every way that really matters, no an ideal open entryway for them. Pals indicated me milf hookup sites moreover, I was smothered! So exceptional celebrated adolescents searching for a relationship. I discovered my regard, and I'm perky at this point. Attempt you too.