What should I do? - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Prairiegirl22

#1 of 7 Old 10-29-2018, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What should I do?

12 months ago, my ex & I moved to VA because I landed a fantastic job that made me happy. 3 months into it we split up. He moved back to WV and I am still in VA with our 3 girls. I started dating someone: amazing man who communicates & has no children. Perfect for me in my mind. Ex husband tries now to win me back. Do I move back so my kids see thei dad more than summers? I am extremely happy in VA & hated WV.is my ex just playing games?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-01-2018, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know anything about your ex, but maybe ask yourself if he's the type to play games? Cause just from your post it sounds like he could be jealous. If you're happy where you are, you should stay there. Do what feels right!
#3 of 7 Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Your ex wants you back but he expects you to uproot yourself for him? Is that how he shows his commitment? I'm assuming the job market is better in VA than WV. Why won't he move to VA?

#4 of 7 Old 05-28-2019, 12:36 PM

I know you want to do what's best for your kids so base your decision on your kids. Are they adjusting to their new school and home? Are they in a good environment where they are? Where is their extended family--grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins? Take both of the men out of the equation. What is best for your ability to provide for your children? If you move back to be with your kids' dad and things don't work out, will you be in a worse situation?
easydoesit likes this.
#5 of 7 Old 07-10-2019, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesickles37 View Post
12 months ago, my ex & I moved to VA because I landed a fantastic job that made me happy. 3 months into it we split up. He moved back to WV and I am still in VA with our 3 girls. I started dating someone: amazing man who communicates & has no children. Perfect for me in my mind. Ex husband tries now to win me back. Do I move back so my kids see thei dad more than summers? I am extremely happy in VA & hated WV.is my ex just playing games?
After reading your post, I'm bewildered that you would even consider leaving your fantastic job, amazing boyfriend, and happy new life for an ex who might just be playing games. Even if he weren't just playing games, would it be worth it? If ex wants to see the kids more often, he's free to move closer.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, who both 
-ed, who were both
-ed, and both 
.   Also, 
, and 
!
#6 of 7 Old 10-22-2020, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No matter what you decide, never allow anyone to cross your personal borders. When I got divorced last year, my husband also took many steps to get me back. I also wanted a complete family for my kids and me but I know I have to continue developing my skills and be myself. I found a great job (got my CV translated through https://pickwriters.com/korean-translation-service ) and started doing yoga. I guess my husband felt I'm different and we started everything from a clean sheet. You both can try too, but be sure you know you both are differrent.
#7 of 7 Old 11-23-2020, 12:26 AM

Really a great story I highly recommend this to others . Every child learns from his parents in its childhood so try to learn them positive things and it's nice opportunity to check at

Last edited by EfanHouse; 11-23-2020 at 09:19 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page