Separating from a partner with Aspergers - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 09-24-2019, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Separating from a partner with Aspergers

Hello all,

It's been years since I've posted in these forums, but I found a lot of great support here as a new parent and thought I'd come back now that I'm going through another huge transition. I did a search but couldn't find a thread about divorce and aspergers, only about parenting with a partner with aspergers. Is there a thread or maybe even a private group? I would love to talk with other women who have been through this or are going though it now. It presents special challenges, and most people don't seem to get it. Thanks all!

Soon-to-be single mom to 13yo DS and 10yo DD. Writer, nature educator, camp director.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-29-2019, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you be more specific about the special challenges?

I'm in the process of separating from my Aspergerish soon to be ex spouse and I would say tha the special challenges are the things that destroyed the marriage likely from the beginning. If I could go back in time, I would have got on the plane when my kids were 1, 2 and 3. Now they are teens and he obstructs, manipulates etc.

I have no doubt that living separately will be less stressful, I will have more money (from my share of it) and hopefully can rebuild my destroyed health, self esteem etc. I used to be a very easy going person and 20 years of frustration has taken a huge toll on me.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page