Help help help help... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please... i'm going crazy. DS is nearly 5mo, and just refuses to be worn. I've tried hugabub, RS and just received brand new kozy a month ago... of course, he HATES it!
I'm getting a little desperate...
The prob is that i have a 22mo DD, who loves it when she can touch and cuddle DS, but she gets so rough. And if i'm busy, she'll try to hurt him so i give her some attention. I'm trying really hard to focus on her, but it's sooo hard when i have to either carry ds in arms, or have him in the bouncer (which he likes for a little while) but keep her away from him.

AAAAAAArrrrrrrgghhh.

I guess i was naive in thinking it was all going to work so well - DS would be practically out of sight on my back all day, while i got lots of housework done, and gave enough time to dd so she didn't feel too displaced.

It's nothing like that. At all. And i'm turning into a blubbering mess.
It's not just the sling thing... ds screams his head off every single time i put him in the car seat, which makes going out so stressful.

And i'm still nursing dd, which i thought would help w/ the jealousy... after nearly 5 months, she still gets upset almost every time ds nurses, which of course is a lot.
She also still nurses at night, usually between 4 - 8 times, and screams bloody murder if i say no. So, between the 2 of them, i'm up pretty much all night.

It's like having 2 babies. Which i thought would be ok, if only ds would be happy in the sling. (I know it won't fix everything, but if i could at least make some breakfast... or clean my teeth... i don't even care about the housework)

He likes to be held in my arms, but even then he squirms a lot. I have to change his position regularly. He hates being held too close though, which i guess is why he won't go in any carrier i've tried.

Can anyone think of anything for me to try?
I don't think i've explained myself very well... but i'm at my wit's end.

Thanks for any advice, Trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-03-2008, 08:18 PM

bumping for you as I have a similar problem with my 2 month old.

Has to be in arms (or in the swing , he seems to reeeeally like his swing). My other 3 lived in the sling so this is really throwing me for a curve. Not to mention it is hard to keep up with three other children under 7 years old with no hands free.
#3 of 7 Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM

what holds have you tried with the Kozy? on the front? on the back? legs in, legs out? up high on your back? on the front facing out? how long do you keep him in the carrier before you give up (sometimes they need a minute or two to settle down into it before they're comfy)? have you tried it when he's asleep?

what about putting him in the bouncy seat and putting your DD on your back?

it sounds rough. here's a

#4 of 7 Old 06-05-2008, 06:34 PM

Carry the one that wants to be worn.. either way you have your hands free for the other.

I would suggest maybe a Soft structured carrier for easy on and off, Sutemi Packs were on sale half off via their website.

www.youtube.com/kalohabreeze for video how to's on different carries
#5 of 7 Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Does he even like to be held?
If he does, then find the position that sooths him the most and try to replicate it with whatever sling or carrier you have on hand.

Perhaps hold him the way he's comfortable being held and ask someone to take a picture of you. If I see what's going on, I could possibly make some suggestions about how to use what you've got.

Also, have you quit after a little fussing? Or does he have a FIT if kept in a carrier too long? If you take a walk, does he calm down? Motion is very important for soothing babies.

That's all I can think of now. *hugs and support*
#6 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 06:37 PM

the only thing I can suggest is a fron carry or back carry in a baby backpack. Especially if he doesn't like to be held to much have you tried turning him so he can see out.My DD LOVE to be held so she can see, and has since about that age.

E married to "G" 9/06 mama to "A" 6/07 "D" 3/09 "A" due mid sept

#7 of 7 Old 06-07-2008, 06:55 PM

he sounds like he is uncomfortable in certain positions. have you taken him to the chiropractor to make sure he doesnt have anything out of place? that could make him uncomfortable. that helped mine.

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,DH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,DS1'95-'15
, '98
,DSD'02
DSD'03
,DD1'07
, DD2'09
,DS2'12
 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.

)o( and sometimes I get to
if I am lucky.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page