possible "skin tag"? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter
mcs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have a question. I am 37 weeks pregnant and just two days ago, discovered what I guess you would call a "skin tag" on my nipple. It is definatly new, very small, and has already turned to a dark color( on the day I found it, it matched my nipple color.) Has anyone ever heard of such a thing or know if it could interfere with bf? Any info. would be very appreciated. thanks, michelle

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-20-2005, 10:32 PM

My changing nipples developed all kinds of skin tags and other funky features on them just like what you described while I was pregnant. They definitely did not interfere with breastfeeding, and from what I understand they are a common occurance. My DD latched right on with no problem, and I didn't even have any issues with breastfeeding other than engorgement for about 18 hours on the second day after her birth. You'll do great!

Mama to DD (5) DD (3) and DS (2 months)
#3 of 7 Old 05-20-2005, 10:59 PM

Yep, I have one too, and it hasn't bothered us.

#4 of 7 Old 05-20-2005, 11:08 PM

I developed some too when I was pregnant. They were tiny and I picked a lot of them off
The ones that didn't get picked off are gone now.
#5 of 7 Old 05-20-2005, 11:09 PM

me too. they went away shortly after baby was born, sort of dried up and flaked off in a weird way (all except one in my armpit, but it doesn't bother me too much)
#6 of 7 Old 05-20-2005, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Skin tags r very common to pg woman I got a small one on my nipple that went away. Didnt give me any problems. I also got like 5-6 on the inside of my upper arm those also went away after i had my kids. Unless it starts to bother u I wouldnt worry about it.

SAHM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lovin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to
DD 10/00 &

DS 10/04
If your son is intact, keep him safe, visit the Intact Care forum
Circ, a personal choice, Your SONS

11/98
6/99
Thyroid cancer survivor. With 5
& 2 Boxers
wishing for

#7 of 7 Old 05-21-2005, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
mcs

Thanks, i feel much relieved. Now, for the one million other little worries of a first time mother...... mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page