Weight loss while breastfeeding - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaryClarens

#1 of 4 Old 10-22-2014, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Weight loss while breastfeeding

Does anyone have any tips for me on losing weight? I'm nursing full time and my weight loss stopped once I went back to work full time even though I'm pumping and only using breastmilk for my baby. I'm not sure what is safe and what isn't for my baby. I know to eat better and I'm trying. I am not able to work out/ walk due to my hours that I work, or I would never have time with my baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-29-2014, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Eat balanced meals and snacks every few hours. Newborns generally eat every three to four hours or more often, which means your body is using energy to produce milk that often. Drink plenty of water. Breast milk is 50% water, and water is also an important part of the metabolic process. A good rule of thumb is to drink at least eight ounces after every nursing session around the clock.
SugarAndSun likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 11-04-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryClarens View Post
Eat balanced meals and snacks every few hours. Newborns generally eat every three to four hours or more often, which means your body is using energy to produce milk that often. Drink plenty of water. Breast milk is 50% water, and water is also an important part of the metabolic process. A good rule of thumb is to drink at least eight ounces after every nursing session around the clock.
Well my baby isn't a newborn any more, she is a big 5 month old. I nurse in the evenings and at night and I pump once or twice during the day. I do drink water after I pump and during the day when she nurses, but I don't when she nurses in the middle of the night. Where I work I'm not able to actually sit down and eat a balanced meal, its usually what I can eat standing and that is usually not something that is healthy. Right now I'm just avoiding the scales lol My job situation is supposed to change in a few weeks so maybe I'll be able to go to the gym some then.

#4 of 4 Old 05-06-2015, 09:10 PM

I would focus on not gaining weight. Trying to loose weight could negatively affect your milk production.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page