Noni Juice - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Anyone have experience with noni juice/nectar?

At first I was intreagued, now after seeing so many sites that boast it's the miracle cure for everything I'm a little skeptical.

Laurie, wife to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DH (Aug/04), mom to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS1 (Nov/05),
DS2 (June/12),
DD (May/15). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My MIL is totally into Noni juice. She used to try to get me to try it, but after I read some articles on the web I decided vitamins were the proven route and much cheaper. She says she always feels more energetic after her noni, I think I read somewhere that it has a super high sugar content and the feeling of energy is something like what you would get after you eat a candy bar.

All that said, I'm a skeptic about everything, so that may tarnish my 2 cents .
#3 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upside View Post
My MIL is totally into Noni juice. She used to try to get me to try it, but after I read some articles on the web I decided vitamins were the proven route and much cheaper. She says she always feels more energetic after her noni, I think I read somewhere that it has a super high sugar content and the feeling of energy is something like what you would get after you eat a candy bar.

All that said, I'm a skeptic about everything, so that may tarnish my 2 cents .
Funny, my in laws are totally in to this too, along with something else, I don't remember what. They went to this clinic/lecture and apparently this man changed their life. I don't really trust antyhing that says it is a cure for all. It may be part of the bigger picture, but it's not gonna save your life

#4 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 01:56 PM

I find it intriguing, but it still smacks of SCAM to me. It is way too expensive, and if it even did a quarter of what they claim the media and medical fields would be all over it.
#5 of 5 Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
It does seem expensive, especially since it's mixed with grape and blueberry juices.

I have an under-active thyroid, so I'm supposed to be taking Synthroid, but if I can treat it without meds I'd rather. I find I end up just not taking my meds and feel sluggish all the time.

Laurie, wife to
DH (Aug/04), mom to
DS1 (Nov/05),
DS2 (June/12),
DD (May/15). 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page