struggling with decision to force wean @2yr or hold out for CLW - Mothering Forums
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter
 
bethseth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: IN
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had 'threatened miscarriage" with my 1st and then recently had a miscarriage @7 wks. I know from my Lactation Specialist that BF causes the uterus to contract and can cause miscarriage if prone to it.  Here is what I struggle with.....do I force my son to wean out of fear of possibly losing a pregnancy....or do I CLW and take that chance as to not lose that bond with the one I already have!????   I wrestle with this question ALOT and would love your feedback and to hear suggestions or tips on weaning gently if possible!

bethseth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 3 Old 08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
 
greenmulberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I only have a 6 month old, so I have not been in your position, but I think that if you feel, and your health care providers agree, that weaning gives you the best chance of a successful pregnancy, that you should should not feel guilty about weaning at two years.

 

Nursing for two years is an amazing success!

greenmulberry is offline  
#3 of 3 Old 08-16-2011, 01:57 PM
 
Marissamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

no one can make the decision for you, but a few of the things I would take into consideration: your age and how many more child-bearing years you think you'll have, how many children you want to have, what you think would be the best sibling spacing for your family, if you've had a hard time getting pregnant in the past, how much your 2 year old is nursing (I would be more hesitant to wean a child who's nursing 12 times a day over one who's nursing once a day). if you feel that right now it makes sense to wait to get pregnant again you can always wait 6 months and then re-evaluate. 


Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Marissamom is offline  
Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 1,202

8 members and 1,194 guests
Anna14 , bimaster , Jewels411 , KerriB , lmaraial57 , Michele123 , scrimgeour , Tweety_Bird
Most users ever online was 21,860, 06-22-2018 at 09:45 PM.