supply questions - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-27-2004, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello all. i am new to the group and am happily BF my 25 month old DS. DH and I are thinking about TTC VERY soon and i am concerned about supply issues - i have done a TON of research and it seems some mums see no change, some feel upping their fluid intake helped, some not - i am comfortable with tandem nursing and would like to BF through pregnancy....i guess i am just looking for happy stories from mums who BF through pregnancy. thanks!! :

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-27-2004, 08:34 PM

Yes, there are *lots* of tandem nursing moms here, including me! Generally, you do want to expect a drop in supply (many times your milk completely dries up) and very, very tender nipples. The only other thing to expect is that when you give birth to the new baby your older nursling will need to nurse a lot. All of these things pass though and it is so rewarding to tandem nurse and continue meeting your child's needs.

WRT supply, all you can do is try to eat, drink and rest plenty. Your dc is old enough to where it wouldn't be a problem if your milk did dry up. He'll get plenty once the baby is born and all the milk comes in though.
#3 of 4 Old 09-27-2004, 10:33 PM

My milk dried up almost completely in my second pregnancy and DD1 stopped nursing almost completely for awhile. She picked right back up towards the end of my pregnancy when colostrum came in and she nurses all the time now. I think that once your pregnant you really can't control what happens, all you can do is encourage nursing and if they aren't ready to wean they won't.

#4 of 4 Old 09-27-2004, 10:37 PM

someone posted about a motherlove tea called milk for two that is safe when pregnant - i think the site is www.motherlove.com?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page