Questions about Milk Supply...HELP!! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-15-2004, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since my DS was born I have had what you'd call an overly abundant supply. It has gradually reduced, in the beginning I was pumping and nursing him to reduce engorgment. At two months I started birth control and it reduced only slightly, I went from pumping once a day to once everyother day.
I went on a trip this weekend with my DS and missed three of my birthcontrol pills and my period returned for a second time. Since I have come home Teusday I haven't been engorged in the middle of the night and in the evenings I feel very empty.

I am wondering has my milk supply begun to dry up or has things become normal to my son's demand. I am very tempted to have try some of my DF's beer in the fridge to increase it again.

Any insight to what the problem might be or what's going on please share and TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-15-2004, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's normal to lose that engorged and full feeling that you have at the start. And the best indicator of your supply is a son who is gaining weight well. If he is, don't worry about it. Here's some articles I found helpful, I had the same questions

Increasing Low Milk Supply
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/lo...ly.html#supply

My breasts feel empty! Has my milk supply decreased?
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/breast-fullness.html

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page