spitting up related to food allergy? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 04-17-2003, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jasper has been spitting up excessively the past couple days. He's 8 weeks old. He's always been a bit of a spitter-upper, but this is like milk just pouring out of his mouth. He's not very happy about it, and neither am I (my precious milk wasted). He is allergic to dairy, I already cut that out a few weeks ago. Is spitting up like this normal?

Thanks!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 & 12) in a small house with a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-17-2003, 10:59 PM

I think it can be caused by food allergies. Have you eaten anything out of the ordinary? It could also be no big deal and go away on it's own. That's what happened with ds #1. He was a real spitter and occasionally went through spells where he'd spit up seeming undigested milk and after a day or two would stop. If he is THROWING up I would call the doctor because it could be something more serious. I have to say WAY TO GO!! with all the problems you've had and still committed to bfing. My boys are 11.5 months and it DOES get better
#3 of 3 Old 04-18-2003, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mom3! Encouragment is always very appreciated. Our thrush battle continues, but I think this spitting up thing is no big deal, like with your ds. I haven't been eating anything new. He's definitely not throwing up, the milk just POURS out! Like he hadn't even swallowed it. But he doesn't seem extra hungry, so he must be getting enough. . . He's certainly going through a lot of clothes, though!

Thanks again!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 & 12) in a small house with a lot of love.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page