Breastfeeding books that address tongue tie: Too scarce! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 06-04-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby's tongue tie has been a huge saga for us (check my threads if you're curious; won't reiterate here). You know what really bugs me? Neither of the breastfeeding books I have (an old edition of "Womanly Art" and "Bestfeeding" mention tongue tie at all. AT ALL! I might have sought help for it sooner if that information had been included. Do any books out there make mention of it?

It seems to me that a lot of women might give up due to tongue tie problems without ever realizing that that was the issue. Many rely only on books like that for information, especially in non-bfing friendly areas. So without access to the information that we are lucky enough to have here, and the associated resources, they might conclude that their breasts somehow aren't functioning or the baby just "couldn't do it".

Anyone have a current edition of "Womanly Art" to see if they've updated to include this? If not, maybe we should write in to LLL to try & get them to include this in future editions. Any of you have books that DO mention tongue tie? I don't have Dr. Newman's book, but I bet he does. What about the Sears book?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-04-2008, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have the newest womanly art. tongue tie is mentioned twice- once in a section on sore nipples and once in a section on slow to gain babies. both are just a brief mention, but it is in there.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page