What are you eating? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 01-10-2015, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What are you eating?

I suffered from PPD/PPS last winter. And in retrospect, I can say that I suffered other winters as well...not just from PPD, but also SAD. My husband was scared to leave me home alone with our kids. He didn't really believe in PPD; he thought I could just snap out of it. Starting in July, I dramatically changed my eating habits, and lo and behold a miracle happened. I healed. I had no idea my feelings were linked to my food.

I am now through the HARDEST part of winter and I am still happy. All because I changed the way I eat.

I have TEN kids and no I am not kidding...nine plus one on the way. I have limited time, a limited budget, and honestly, I hate cooking. But please hear me, what you eat will affect how you feel. I wish someone could have told me this last winter and I did not have to discover this by accident. My change in eating habits was solely for weight loss, but I learned so much more.

I did a Whole30. It is basically 30 days of eating clean food (nothing fancy needed) and no company makes any money off of you with their supplements or anything. Just do a google search and you will find their website with the rules. They have a book too, but you don't have to buy the book to do a Whole30. Most libraries carry the book too.

I'm only sharing because I wish someone would have asked me what I was eating last year. Even my midwife was quick to give me 5-HTP instead of asking me about food. By the end of my 30 days, my body felt like all the nutrients it had been missing were replaced. My energy was back. I found my happy self. It was amazing. I didn't buy any fancy grass fed meat or anything, but I did stop eating the easy foods I had in the house. I actually had to cook each meal for 30 days, which was a drag, but being able to look at my children and see them as the blessing they are was worth it.

So mamas, please, look at what you are eating. Start forcing yourself to eat spinach and eggs for breakfast (gross, I know) instead of a muffin and a latte. And hang in there!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page