??????? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 06-03-2006, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how late past birth can ppd start?

i was on ant-d medication for years before conception. is there a differnce between ppd and jusy my oen depression coming back? does it matter which it is?

ds's mood is effected recently --- it is my fault? or is hid crankyness effecting me?

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-04-2006, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aimee--
Sorry you are feeling depressed. Hugs mama!
PPD can come on anytime within the first year (by definition) but depression in depression, right?

I'm not sure it matters if it's actual PPD or just old stuff coming back up again, but I don't know. I suppose it depends on how it manifests for you, right? Wish I had solid answers for you : (

Re: your DS, I wonder the same about my DS. Is it the chicken or the egg? I think it's safe to say that your mood effects his AND that his effects yours. My mama guilt sets in when I think I'm effecting him, then DP comes home and spends some time with DS and says, "no wonder you're having a bad day-- he's been a real putz!" (not his exact words, but you get it...) So, which is it?

Oh-- I was just looking at your sig to see how old your DS is and I noticed that it says your DS hasn't even been born yet! Looks like a little typo

Anyway, if DS is about 7 mos, then it IS considered PPD. (which you were predisposed to if you have a history of depression....

Love, Vanessa

Miles (December 2005) Pascual (March 2009). P's was my beautiful home waterbirth that healed me from my M's birth. natural birth, midwifery, postpartum depression, babywearing, breastfeeding.
#3 of 4 Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM

ppd can start any time in the first year post partum, if you are bfing if can come on later than if you bottle feed related to hormonal changes.

#4 of 4 Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 PM

I am sorry your depression came back. I was pretty much going to say what Vanessa said. I also wanted to add that IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page