Coming out of the closet I guess - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 06-06-2006, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for some help. My husband has been talking with me for the past few weeks and we have come to the realization that I have been suffering silently from PPD for the last 4.5 years. Just to clarify i would nor have I ever done anything to harm my children. If anything the thoughts I have of are how my family would cope without me. It's just not fun being me...Anyways, I hoping when I go see my Dr. next week that I can go equipped with the knowledge of natural options as I do not want to go on any Dr. Rx meds! I am breastfeeding my almost 20 month old and we are self weaning. The reason I don't want to go on a Rx med is because of weight gain, bf, and I am finally getting my sex drive back.
I have abandoned my other Online friends until I can deal with all this. I hope to get some help from others going through this.
So if you know of any natural meds that are safe while BF I am all ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-07-2006, 02:07 PM

If your looking into a natural cure maybe you could try homeopathy. I recently tried sepia and it didn't work for me but it has worked for others. You could also try getting the mood cure , it has natural ways to cure your mood using amino acids and nutrition. I haven't yet tried it, I've just changed my diet using more protein and organic veggies and fruits. Good luck!!!!!!!!
#3 of 5 Old 06-08-2006, 11:02 AM

First of all, lots and lots of hugs to you. I know how hard this is. I suffered with my depression for 9 years before finally going back to a doctor. My situation is a little bit different than yours, but depression is depression, right? (I think someone said that in an earlier post. )

Anyhow, I am currently taking Lexapro, but I went out and bought The Mood Cure by Julia Ross yesterday and I plan to buy my amino acids today. You can read this book before going to your doctor -- maybe it will help arm yourself against his suggestions of antidepressants.

Also, there are a lot of threads on this board regarding natural remedies. Here's one that's been going on for quite some time:

a true natural remedy?

Good luck with your fight against this.

#4 of 5 Old 06-08-2006, 01:56 PM

That's great. I'm glad you've decided on a way to fight this. Keep us updated on how this goes! Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfeet
First of all, lots and lots of hugs to you. I know how hard this is. I suffered with my depression for 9 years before finally going back to a doctor. My situation is a little bit different than yours, but depression is depression, right? (I think someone said that in an earlier post. )

Anyhow, I am currently taking Lexapro, but I went out and bought The Mood Cure by Julia Ross yesterday and I plan to buy my amino acids today. You can read this book before going to your doctor -- maybe it will help arm yourself against his suggestions of antidepressants.

Also, there are a lot of threads on this board regarding natural remedies. Here's one that's been going on for quite some time:

a true natural remedy?

Good luck with your fight against this.
#5 of 5 Old 06-08-2006, 02:05 PM

The natural remedy for me has been therapy, weaning, exercise, and really watching my trigger factors (mainly lack of sleep and eating crappy food). I don't mean to sound trite or against pharma, but for me I didn't want to go that route. The battle isn't over, but I feel SO much better now (in the past year or so) than I had for 2 or 3 years prior to that.

Also, many mamas find relief through the medicinal use of marijuana.

Just my $.02. Take care, I hope you feel better very soon! Depression SUCKS.

namaste.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page