Any Waldorf families (or prospective families) in the Sacramento area? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I'm new here and really enjoying all the thoughtful posts.  I've been reading everything I get my hands on about Waldorf education, as my DD is nearing kindergarten age and we think our family a good fit for Waldorf (but we know Waldorf schools can differ).  I would love to talk to other families in the area who are or have been involved in the local Waldorf schools/communities.  What do you think?  Anything you can share here or offline is most appreciated! 

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi- we are in the Sacramento area too, and as you have probably figured out by now we are so lucky to have quite a few choices for schools: 2  Waldorf inspired charter scools, and at least 3 private schools depending on your location. We also have Rudolf Steiner College (Waldorf teacher training and adult education)  So, one place to start is to attend all the parent information meetings you can at an individual school, and of course go on tours and visit campuses. At least one are private school has a 2 year kindy program (4 by early June to start the next September I think), so depending on the age of your dd you could possibly go next year or even this year!  Parent-toddler programs are another decent introduction altho she may be too old at this point.

Anyway- it's a thriving community in general with folks from all walks of life, and many different opinions about the various schools depending on who you talk to (and which school their childern attend of course).  Oh yes- the festivals are another great way to check out the happenings, harvest faires are right around the corner!

good luck!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page