• 1 Post By DariusMom
  • 2 Post By meredithfp
  • 1 Post By crazyms

#1 of 5 Old 02-09-2016, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 552 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Starting Waldorf in 4th Grade

I'm just exploring lots of options here. My son just isn't happy in school (maybe? I don't know). Anyways, I wonder if a different approach may rekindle his love of learning. He does fine academically, but just seems unhappy with the constant drill, drill, drill.

So, did anyone start Waldorf in the middle school years and how did it go?
Deborah likes this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not middle school but my DS started Waldorf in the middle of 2nd grade. He wasn't happy in his 'normal' school and really flourished in the Waldorf School. I had worried that since he hadn't started in pre-K/K like most of the other kids, it would be a problem. It wasn't at all. He had to get used to things like eurythmy, but that went very quickly.

Anyway, it depends on the school/teachers/other kids/your DC, but I think Waldorf can work really well for kids at all stages of their lives.
Deborah likes this.
#3 of 5 Old 06-11-2016, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this post is a couple of months old, but I just had to respond. I am a Waldorf teacher and I've mostly taught the upper grades. I've had several students join my classes in the upper grades and they have most often been wonderfully positive experiences. 4th grade is a really easy time to enter -- the subjects that your child hasn't had yet haven't become so academic it will be difficult to catch up.

I've had lots of students enter in grade 6 and it was the most amazing thing to watch the healing and nourishment that happened for them. Over the course of the first few months at our school, these students relaxed and soaked in the imaginative content in such a satisfying way.
Deborah and Xerxella like this.

#4 of 5 Old 06-15-2016, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My sons heading into 4th as well and he enjoys his school so he is not open to the idea of switching. If you end up enrolling your son in a waldorf school please share.
#5 of 5 Old 08-29-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I started waldorf with my oldest when she was in 4th. She thrived with it. I agree with teacher above that the material learned prior to 4th won't be missed so your child will ease into it easily. 4th-5th grade is a great time to come to Waldorf because the lessons are just the perfect mix of imagination, exploration and learning.
Deborah likes this.

Michelle

mom to DD
, DS
, & lil DD
and
spending my days

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page