Waldorf Jokes - Mothering Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By BusyBee
  • 1 Post By appujis

#1 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so this thread wasn't my idea, but I thought I would start it anyway. I would love to hear some if anyone knows any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 12:19 PM

Question: How many anthroposophists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: No one knows. Steiner never gave an indication.

Question: How many Waldorf teachers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: Seven: One to lead the gnome song, one to light a candle, one to strum the lyre, one to write a formal request, two to review the formal request, and one to lead the closing song.

Question: How many Waldorf students does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: None, it isn't in the curriculum until the upper grades.

Question: How many Waldorf parents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: Two: one to ask the teacher if they are supposed to use candles instead, and one to screw it in anyway.

Question: How many Waldorf school board members does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: Three: One to phone the members absent at the meeting for a consensus poll, one to find a volunteer, and one to follow up.

Question: How many Waldorf school graduates does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: One.
#3 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCl View Post
Question: How many anthroposophists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: No one knows. Steiner never gave an indication.

Question: How many Waldorf teachers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: Seven: One to lead the gnome song, one to light a candle, one to strum the lyre, one to write a formal request, two to review the formal request, and one to lead the closing song.

Question: How many Waldorf students does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: None, it isn't in the curriculum until the upper grades.

Question: How many Waldorf parents does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: Two: one to ask the teacher if they are supposed to use candles instead, and one to screw it in anyway.

Question: How many Waldorf school board members does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: Three: One to phone the members absent at the meeting for a consensus poll, one to find a volunteer, and one to follow up.

Question: How many Waldorf school graduates does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Answer: One.

#4 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

:
#5 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 04:55 PM

thats great!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#6 of 21 Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 PM

#7 of 21 Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 AM

#8 of 21 Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 PM

(Love those anthroposophists!)

Waldorf joke from my husband:

How many Waldorf moms does it take to open a can of biodynamically grown chick peas?

Three:
~one to open the can with her hand-carved maple-handled, hammered-steel bladed can opener (imported from Germany, of course);
~ one to strum the harp while debating the value of chick peas in the spiritual incarnation of the child's three-fold nature - or perhaps just the gastric digestion of the child's three-part lunch!
~ and a third to welcome the peas by singing a little, pentatonic, chick pea song.

still homeschooling holistically with my two boys, 14 & 10
#9 of 21 Old 10-26-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Pomfrey View Post
(Love those anthroposophists!)

Waldorf joke from my husband:

How many Waldorf moms does it take to open a can of biodynamically grown chick peas?

Three:
~one to open the can with her hand-carved maple-handled, hammered-steel bladed can opener (imported from Germany, of course);
~ one to strum the harp while debating the value of chick peas in the spiritual incarnation of the child's three-fold nature - or perhaps just the gastric digestion of the child's three-part lunch!
~ and a third to welcome the peas by singing a little, pentatonic, chick pea song.

Tee hee
#10 of 21 Old 10-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Our local 7th grade at our waldorf school put on the play of "The Wizard of Oz". When Dorothy lands in Oz Glinda is quizzing her on why Dorothy doesn't know about the land of Oz, GLinda states that "You obviously don't know your geography, you must have had a very bad education" in which Dorothy replies, "Oh, no, you are wrong, I had the very best of educations, I was a star pupil in Eurythmy and form-drawing". I bust up laughing, at least they can laugh at themselves.
Deborah likes this.
#11 of 21 Old 10-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBee View Post
Our local 7th grade at our waldorf school put on the play of "The Wizard of Oz". When Dorothy lands in Oz Glinda is quizzing her on why Dorothy doesn't know about the land of Oz, GLinda states that "You obviously don't know your geography, you must have had a very bad education" in which Dorothy replies, "Oh, no, you are wrong, I had the very best of educations, I was a star pupil in Eurythmy and form-drawing".
:

Oh break me up!

#12 of 21 Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3205 Post(s)
The Chicago Waldorf School had some teachers doing skits making fun of some of the waldorf jargon and behaviors. One that was totally hilarious was a send-up of the home visit. One of the two teachers was a eurythmist and he kept breaking into eurythmy at every possible moment while the mom kept trying to get them to all sit quietly and drink tea and the dad of the family kept staring at this guy waving his arms around and muttering rude words under his breath. Alas, I can't, after several years remembers any of the actual jokes, but it was extremely funny.

Another great source of humor is the intro to the Shepherd's play, which is usually improvised for the particular audience.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#13 of 21 Old 10-27-2007, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Pomfrey View Post
We just spent the last few minutes making up little pentatonic chick pea songs!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows--
: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#14 of 21 Old 10-27-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
We just spent the last few minutes making up little pentatonic chick pea songs!
emphasis on "little" or emphasis on "pentatonic"?

What a hoot!

prevent it
#15 of 21 Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 AM

Oh annettemarie, you just HAVE to send lyrics- please!

I'm just picturing your little family sitting round a candlelit table with a bowl of chickpeas in the middle, reverently singing your little pentatonic chickpea song. It's all so soft, like a watercolor painting, except the chickpeas which you forgot to soak last night.

(I really DO need to hit the sack!)

Lucie

#16 of 21 Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM

those are so funny!!!!
#17 of 21 Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Really, it was just "we love you little chickpeas" over and over again and a "now we will eat you up" thrown in for good measure at the end. It was the pentatonic scale that made it all magical.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows--
: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#18 of 21 Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Just remembered a waldorf practical joke played by a bunch of kids many years ago. Must have been back in the 1970s when my daughter was in elementary school.

The school had regular all-school assemblies, which were held in a neighboring church. Each class would perform a little play, or some music. The upper grades sometimes had smaller groups within a class who had been working on something special.

So...I can't remember how old these kids were but I'd guess 15 or 16 years old. They had a recorder ensemble, playing a consort with soprano, alto, tenor and bass. They were playing all these nice, old, sedate pieces (pretty well) and then they suddenly broke out with jazz. All the teacher's jaws dropped. It was a total surprise.

I'm sure they got bawled out later, but at the time all the teachers could do was smile blandly and pretend everything was okay. Truly hilarious. And a good solid whack from some kids who wanted more freedom to explore in their teenage years.

prevent it
#19 of 21 Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

You guys have me over here cracking up!!!
#20 of 21 Old 07-02-2016, 04:54 AM

Talking Another Waldorf Joke

This one's from India!

A 'mentor' has just finished his visit to a budding Waldorf school. One of the teachers is dropping him / her to the airport. The road to the airport passes through a forest. As he is driving through the forest, their path is blocked by a troop of monkeys. He honks to no avail. He gets out to plead with the monkeys. They refuse to budge.
They ask him a question instead and burst out laughing when they hear the answer.
The teacher says something further. The monkeys are crying and shedding tears copiously now.
The teacher is getting impatient. He finally says something that causes all of them to run away.
He gets back to the car and continues to drive, their path clear now. The mentor who has witnessed all this is curious.
"Why were the monkeys laughing?"
"Oh, they asked me 'Who are you?' and when I said we're Waldorf teachers, they started laughing!"
"Why were they crying then?"
"When I told them our salaries, they started crying."
"And why did they run away?"
"I told them we were looking for a Grade One teacher."
Deborah likes this.
#21 of 21 Old 08-10-2016, 03:02 AM

So Funny, Forgot to Laugh

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version