What cartoon annoys you the most? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 49 Old 09-09-2013, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some cartoons for kids are really annoying. I have a pre-teen so I would primarily say absolutely anything on Cartoon Network. For younger kids, I don't really like that Sophia The First show, and I'm not sure what it is about it that bugs me. Maybe the whole princess thing, I don't know.

What cartoons do you dislike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 49 Old 09-09-2013, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

The Flinestones because Fred would bang on the door and yell"Wilma" when he could simply jump through the window..lol

Polliwog and BeckyBird like this.
#3 of 49 Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chowder on Cartoon Network used to bother me mainly because the characters would move but the pattern on their clothes wouldn't.... what's up with that?? lol

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09

#4 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Cannot stand Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Goofy's grammar...ug!   The ones we like:  Word Girl, Curious George, Little Bill, Doc McStuffins.

mamazee likes this.
#5 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Calliou, Sponge Bob, Tree Fu Tom. 

Calliou is so whiny & the parents take gentle parenting to borderline permissive.

Sponge Bob is absolute insanity

Tree Fu Tom is just not a favorite. The premise is ok... I like that its getting kids to move. But, I just don't like it for some reason.

#6 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM

Although my son loves it, I have huge issues with Thomas and Friends. There are a lot of episodes that involve trains making fun of each other or being mean to each other, but it's never dealt with. In fact, often the train being bullied ends up changing his ways to try to please the other trains. I try to skip those episodes, because they're basically enforcing bullying.

jandhp4ever and dragonflii like this.
#7 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Calliou was banned in our house years ago -- I can't take the whining! The ultimate spechul snowflake with indulgent parents.

DH can't stand Ruby's voice on Max & Ruby, but for some reason that one doesn't bug me.

We only watched Mike the Knight a few times, but it seems to have a formula of: Mike is a big jerk, then right at the end decides to "be a knight and do it right," and then everything is fine.

This might go against some MDC philosophy, but sometimes I prefer the old-school, straightforward slapstick violence of Tom & Jerry, Road Runner, and those types of cartoons to the "lesson" based cartoons of today. Some of the new cartoons are cute, but I don't need every single thing my kids watch to be learning appropriate ways to handle conflict, you know?

My kids tend to be more interested in the more science-based shows like Wild Kratts and Octonauts, but even those usually incorporate an ethical storyline. Which is fine, I just still like to watch a good old fashioned anvil fall on someone's head, I guess. smile.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#8 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 04:28 PM

We live in Australia and get most of the BBC stuff on the ABC.  I cannot stand Bananas in Pajamas.  Partly because the dialogue is just annoying but mainly it's Rat - he keeps screwing them over and over again yet the remain friends with him.  WTF?

#9 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 04:32 PM

Also, anyone who is completely sick of Dora the Explorer will appreciate this one (I"d like to say I have nothing against Dora really other than I've seen about 16,000 episodes :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpTcrtsN3U

#10 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM

Apparently I'm not the only one who can't stand Caillou!  I can't handle how whiny he is either.  I'm not a big fan of Yo Gabba Gabba either....I just don't understand it.  It looks like something that could only be appreciated by college kids up to no good if you catch my drift.  My 2.5 year old absolutely loves Blues Clues, Word World and Super Why.  Those are the only shows we allow regularly because I've seen proof of what he is learning from them.

mamazee likes this.
#11 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)

Totally agree with both Caillou and Thomas.  The grown-ups on Caillou are SO sickening!  I find myself making up angry, frustrated alternative lines for the parents that better reflect how I feel about Caillou.  As for Thomas - It was one of the first shows my daughter ever watched when she started loving trains.  The more I watched, the more I realized that it is really just...weird. I have no idea what lesson it's trying to teach, but we replaced it with Bob the Builder, and all is good.  I will add the PBS version of Angelina Ballerina to the list of hated cartoons.  I kinda like the other version, though.

#12 of 49 Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post

I will add the PBS version of Angelina Ballerina to the list of hated cartoons.

Is the PBS version the one where they changed her body from a cute mouse body to a skinny human-ish body? I was so annoyed by that.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#13 of 49 Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 AM

Dora! She yells everything she says. Same with Diego. Diego is worse because it annoys me that they felt the need to create a male counterpart to an already strong female character. (Sigh)
Digimon is annoying and the cat in the hat and sid the science kid also annoy the poop out of me.

My favorite was the backyardigans and Sesame Street. Not a fan of Abby though.
mamazee likes this.
#14 of 49 Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

My kids love old school Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Tom & Jerry, Richie Rich (I hate this one. I'm actually thinking about dropping it from the list).

They also watch Wild Kratts, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Curious George, Dinosaur Train, Clifford, Word Girl, Sid the Science Kid, Little House on the Prairie.

This all sounds like a lot, but I ration out the tv watching. Two hours a day at the most. That still is too much, but oh well. Sometimes I need the break.

Anything else on TV, cartoon-wise, is garbage, IMO. Sponge Bob?? Yuck. What is that show about? It is so weird to me. Dora? No thanks. Those are the top two that annoy me. Oops, add Richie Rich to that list too

mamazee likes this.
#15 of 49 Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I'd have to say "the amazing world of gumball" super annoying and had a totally misleading title. As well as, "annoying orange" also super annoying but at least the title warns ya lol.

On the flip side, I really enjoy "regular show" for some strange reason beyond me...
mamazee likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to 5 amazing kids CJ
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AG

JJ
SD
and my UC baby HD
And married to my highschool sweetheart
#16 of 49 Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 AM

The one I really hate lately is Ni Hao Kai-lan. She is like an anger management therapist for her friends. Ugh! 

Love Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First in our house! 

mamazee likes this.

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 
 11, DD#2 
 6     MC 
 2/11    MC 
 1/12 DS#1
3/14
#17 of 49 Old 09-14-2013, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koalaeagle View Post

Also, anyone who is completely sick of Dora the Explorer will appreciate this one (I"d like to say I have nothing against Dora really other than I've seen about 16,000 episodes :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnpTcrtsN3U

That was awesome!  

#18 of 49 Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 AM

I definitely cannot stand Calliou, and my six year old still inexplicably loves that show.

Mama to T
(2007), A
('10), E
, and someone new
coming late this summer
#19 of 49 Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 AM

As far as favorites go

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is AMAZING!

My son pretty much started potty learning by his self after watching the potty episode.

Super Why

AWESOME show! DS has a great grasp of letters from us watching it together. It really helped my stepdaughter get over some reading issues she was having.

Play with me Sesame

It's better for my son than Sesame Street. It's shorter and has more activities and less overarching storyline. Plus no Abby!

Bubble Guppies and Yo Gabba Gabba

I know some don't like them. But, they are fun for music and dancing. The guest stars are always indie artists and it's produced by one of the guys from Devo. That's why it's weird. ;-)

#20 of 49 Old 09-18-2013, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

every cartoon with fake blood and fake ... adult ... body parts.... 

also dora the explora, calliou, and thomas the train engine.  I feel sorry for whoever has to live with the person who is Dora's voice....

Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.
#21 of 49 Old 09-18-2013, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama28 View Post

Although my son loves it, I have huge issues with Thomas and Friends. There are a lot of episodes that involve trains making fun of each other or being mean to each other, but it's never dealt with. In fact, often the train being bullied ends up changing his ways to try to please the other trains. I try to skip those episodes, because they're basically enforcing bullying.

I swear I'm not a lunatic (although I clearly watched one too many episodes of this show), but... Does anyone else feel like Thomas is totally sponsored by Big Coal?? I mean really! They're always going on about how Thomas needs to get filled up with coal so he can be "energetic and useful". Bigger picture, it's constructed to teach watchers to be good little capitalists working for the man. ... Sir Topham Hat is their boss and gives everybody their special role, and whenever one of the trains tries to do something different, disaster strikes! By the end they always figure out that they should stay in their position where they are most useful and be happy little coal-munchers. So that's my political theory of Thomas and Friends. 

I also can't stand Dora. She's just annoying.

mamazee and BeckyBird like this.

At home amongst the redwoods 
 with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11, and #2 due in October 2015
  Instant CNM, just add 
 !
#22 of 49 Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

Calliou was banned in our house years ago -- I can't take the whining! The ultimate spechul snowflake with indulgent parents.

DH can't stand Ruby's voice on Max & Ruby, but for some reason that one doesn't bug me.

We only watched Mike the Knight a few times, but it seems to have a formula of: Mike is a big jerk, then right at the end decides to "be a knight and do it right," and then everything is fine.

This might go against some MDC philosophy, but sometimes I prefer the old-school, straightforward slapstick violence of Tom & Jerry, Road Runner, and those types of cartoons to the "lesson" based cartoons of today. Some of the new cartoons are cute, but I don't need every single thing my kids watch to be learning appropriate ways to handle conflict, you know?

My kids tend to be more interested in the more science-based shows like Wild Kratts and Octonauts, but even those usually incorporate an ethical storyline. Which is fine, I just still like to watch a good old fashioned anvil fall on someone's head, I guess. smile.gif

I despise Mike the Knight! Not only is the formula annoying, but his voice is so whiny and grates my nerves.

I also hate Dora and Diego because they don't talk, THEY YELL! Noisy. We're a bilingual household and I want to like it for that reason, but there really isn't enough Spanish spoken to make it worth the annoyance.

I love Little Bear, Oswald (it's strange, but sweet and Fred Savage from The Wonder Years is the voice of Oswald) Team UmiZoomi, and WildKratts are favorites of ours. I also like Bubble Guppies, Backyardigans, and Gabba Gabba for the music.

Mama to Conejita 2/2/10 and Little Stinker 6/28/13. Expecting a surprise in late March!
#23 of 49 Old 09-20-2013, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazee View Post

Some cartoons for kids are really annoying. I have a pre-teen so I would primarily say absolutely anything on Cartoon Network. For younger kids, I don't really like that Sophia The First show, and I'm not sure what it is about it that bugs me. Maybe the whole princess thing, I don't know.

What cartoons do you dislike?
This will sound awful, but I can't stand that whiney butt Caillou!
mamazee likes this.

Me
, 39 years old; DH
, 40 years old
DD - 12
, DD - 9
(both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4

07/04,
02/13,
10/13,
02/14,

05/14,
9/14.
#24 of 49 Old 09-20-2013, 03:51 PM

I'm a big fan of Daniel Tiger, I wish there were more episodes. My daughter is a big fan of Bubble Guppies, which I like too. I think SuperWhy is the most educational, it really reinforces her alphabet.

I wouldn't miss Cat In The Hat. It drives me nuts how commercial Dora The Explorer is - I can't walk through the cereal or toothpaste aisle of the supermarket without seeing her face. I held off on showing Dora to my daughter but we do watch her.

The one that I find most annoying is Martha Speaks, which we only come across on the weekend. It drives me nuts.
mamazee likes this.
#25 of 49 Old 09-21-2013, 01:52 PM

The cartoon that annoys me the most is SpongeBob. I cannot stand him. Everytime I turn it on to turn on another show, he's yelling at someone.

Here are the shows we like:

Younger kids:

-Garfield and Friends (mostly the U.S. Acres segments-they teach great lessons in the early ones, and everyone here likes it.)

-The Magical Adventures of Mumfie

-Danger Rangers

-Any magical girl anime (But we no longer do any newer episodes of Pretty Cure past the 31st episode of DokiDoki-one of my children attempted to push their sibling to make them get sick after seeing it on the 32nd episode of DokiDoki. I restricted them to clips from newer episodes of the series after seeing that episode.)

-Anything on Cookie Jar TV (sad that it was the last day today...)

-Shimajiro no Wao!

-The Wiggles

-LazyTown

For the older one:

-Tiny Toon Adventures

-Animaniacs

-Crash and Bernstein (This show teaches great lessons in every episode).

-Winx Club

-The Legend Of Korra

mamazee likes this.
#26 of 49 Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Aaah, Animaniacs! I watched that as a kid.

Animaniacs, we have play-or-pay contracts! Zany to the max, we've Bologne in our slacks! We're Ana-many! Totally insaney! (make up your own refrain-ey!) Anan-manie-acs!

Mama to Conejita 2/2/10 and Little Stinker 6/28/13. Expecting a surprise in late March!
#27 of 49 Old 09-21-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

What I don't like about Spongebob is how allows himself to be walked all over. I wish he stood up for himself more. And Patrick annoys the heck out of me. Maybe I'm too much of a Squidward.
#28 of 49 Old 09-21-2013, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)

Scooby-Do the new ones

#29 of 49 Old 09-22-2013, 08:16 PM

Cannot stand Fireman Sam, although I will admit I was definitely wooed by the adorable accents and quaint seaside setting at first.  

Norman is AWFUL,  and his mother is no better.  He is a devious little lying imp, and that's being generous.  His mother acts like she has no more than two brain cells to rub together.  The day my son squirted a vegetable pouch all over the car, saying, "just like Norman!" was the day we stopped watching!

#30 of 49 Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazee View Post

What I don't like about Spongebob is how allows himself to be walked all over. I wish he stood up for himself more. And Patrick annoys the heck out of me. Maybe I'm too much of a Squidward.

Ha, you are right, but I do love Sponge Bob.  Why?  I LOVE his work ethic!!  Although Mr. Crab's love of money does concern me.

My 7 year old loves Adventure Time and I hate it.  I think the creators are on drugs.

I HATE The Amazing world of gumball.  Why?  Because the dad is an idiot, and the mom does all the work around the house AND works full time.  I don't want my girls thinking husbands are suposed to be lazy idiots that do nothing around the house.

Divorced mother of two DD15 and DD7

Tags
Television

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page