Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Television (https://www.mothering.com/forum/297-television/)
-   -   Daniel Cook annoys me. (https://www.mothering.com/forum/297-television/534814-daniel-cook-annoys-me.html)

Finch 10-07-2006 12:41 PM

He just does. I don't really get all warm and fuzzy seeing him. I just....ew...don't like him. He's annoying.

: :

bobica 10-07-2006 02:48 PM

ummm, who is he?

zaksma 10-07-2006 06:22 PM

Ugh- me too. I get the stupid Daniel Cook theme song stuck in my head and cannot get rid of it for hours.

goosysmom 10-07-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
Ugh- me too. I get the stupid Daniel Cook theme song stuck in my head and cannot get rid of it for hours.
right there with you.....dd doesn't even like him..."mommy, he's weird" and she's 2.5....

Heffernhyphen 10-07-2006 06:23 PM

Yep, me too. He's so precocious. My kid would be SO much cuter.

Finch 10-07-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobica View Post
ummm, who is he?
This annoying little kid that has a spot on playhouse disney, he's such a bad line-reader that I STRONGLY suspect he MUST be the kid of a high up staff member. He's just...well...sort of rude and annoying and like I said, a really really REALLY bad line-reader. Bleah. http://www.thisisdanielcook.com/

The Lucky One 10-07-2006 07:09 PM

I don't love or hate Daniel Cook, but I never got the impression that he was reading lines. I think he does look towards the camera (I assume maybe his mother is near the camera man or something), but it doesn't look to me like he's reading.

sweetpeas 10-07-2006 10:36 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, he annoys me to no end!!!

vamp127 10-07-2006 11:19 PM

I guess I'm the only one who likes him

He reminds me so much of a friend I had in school. He also had that curly red hair and was very matter-of-fact like that. I think he's cute.

kriskriskris 10-07-2006 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp127 View Post
I guess I'm the only one who likes him

He reminds me so much of a friend I had in school. He also had that curly red hair and was very matter-of-fact like that. I think he's cute.

No you are not the only one... for some reason my 2 year old LOVES him! When he used to come on at 10:55 my daughter would know when it was time and go turn on the TV!!!!!
I have no idea why she likes him so much???????????????????

My husband and I also comment why he has a his own TV show when our DD is just as cute and could have her own TV show too

kriskriskris 10-07-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
This annoying little kid that has a spot on playhouse disney, he's such a bad line-reader that I STRONGLY suspect he MUST be the kid of a high up staff member. He's just...well...sort of rude and annoying and like I said, a really really REALLY bad line-reader. Bleah. http://www.thisisdanielcook.com/

I didnt realize he had his own website... DD is going to love that, especially since they have not been showing him during the week, for the last 2-3 weeks.

the_lissa 10-07-2006 11:36 PM

He annoys the hell out of me too, but he is no longer making new shows. They have a new girl named Emily Yeung.

nonnymoose 10-08-2006 04:37 PM

His voice probably changed...

I sort of liked him. I'm ambivalent about the little guy that cooks, though.

Finch 10-08-2006 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymoose View Post
His voice probably changed...

I sort of liked him. I'm ambivalent about the little guy that cooks, though.
Now see, I like the little dude that cooks. He's cute. Luis, yeah, that's his name. I like him.

babygrant 10-08-2006 08:37 PM

i dont like him. i hate how whenever they do a cooking show, he licks his fingers. YUCK!!!!

Shenjall 10-08-2006 08:55 PM

My sis and I were discussing him the other day - I was saying I cant stand him 'cause I find him very rude. She was saying she wishes her ds was so "well behaved" like him. We then had a good laugh about what we consider rude and well behaved children.

I like Emily much better.

SleepyMamaBear 10-09-2006 02:20 AM

what kid that cooks? huh?
and a new kid? a girl? RAD!
we miss Daniel Cook, the song is a bit annoying and gets stuck in my head... but, the show is damn cute. he is so..... normal. i dont think he is precocious at all, just a very sweet curious normal kid. who happens to have flame red hair and a nose full of freckles. too cute!

Jilian 10-09-2006 11:35 AM

Daniel Cook annoyed me too, but I'm not sure why. I think DS liked him because he did cool things. Now Luis, on the other hand, I like. It's makes me laugh to see a little one making snacks. It's cute! His little accent is adorable too.

mata 10-09-2006 03:03 PM

I'm surprised he doesn't bother me very much-he clearly has an inflated sense of entitlement.

bobica 10-10-2006 12:12 PM

oh, why did i click on the link??? the song alone is an earworm!!!

Flor 10-11-2006 02:29 AM

Ds (3) and dh are really into him for some reason. Their eyes glaze over. . . . . He's pretty geeky. But so were the girls teaching him to break dance this week ("We're b-girls and b-boys" )

jaxinsmom 10-11-2006 02:19 PM

origionally when I saw this thread I had a chuckle to myself because dh CANNOT stand Daniel Cook (I think it's because dh has red hair, and sees Daniel and thinks he could have done a better job )
Here's the funny part -- we live a few hours east of Toronto, and I thought that Daniel Cook was a 'local' show. I had no idea anyone outside of Ontario would watch it; so, while I do find him annoying, I think it's funny that this crazy little red-headded Canadian kid is watched by so many people in the States

huskermommy 10-11-2006 03:21 PM

LOL! My husband and I CANNOT STAND DANIEL COOK!

Bartock 10-11-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
He just does. I don't really get all warm and fuzzy seeing him. I just....ew...don't like him. He's annoying.

: :
I agree and now they have Emily Yeung(young) The girl version of Daniel, have you seen her yet?

Caroline248 10-12-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskriskris View Post

My husband and I also comment why he has a his own TV show when our DD is just as cute and could have her own TV show too
Yeah, we say that every time he comes on..our kiddos are cute, they need their own show!!

mummy marja 10-13-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:
My sis and I were discussing him the other day - I was saying I cant stand him 'cause I find him very rude. She was saying she wishes her ds was so "well behaved" like him. We then had a good laugh about what we consider rude and well behaved children.
I don't think he's rude at all--he's just a kid and hasn't learned to control his impulses yet--which I think is great. I loved it when Olympic figure skater Kurt Browning showed Daniel his medals and Daniel jumped in with ,"I got some trophies when I played hockey!" He is really just a normal kid.

canadiannancy 10-20-2006 05:34 PM

He really annoys me, I like Emily better. Kyra like both of them though.

BlueStateMama 10-20-2006 06:20 PM

He irritates me too - and I feel guilty saying that about a child. But he just bugs me, like a kid version of Bobby Flay.

SunShineSally 10-21-2006 12:12 AM

: My sister her co worker and i CAN NOT STAND that kid yet all of our kids love him I never saw the new girl is she just as annoying?

Pandora114 10-21-2006 12:23 AM

DH and I have a hypothosis:

Daniel Cook is a kid who was shamelessly exploited by his parents to pay for his Ritalin perscription.

You can TELL which shows he's medicated for and which ones he isn't. Just look at his eyes...

Emily Yeung is pretty cool though. Daniel cook, my DD LOVES him literally kisses the TV whenever he's on....

My DD is gonna be attracted to Ginger kids


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 0%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.