Exposure to Air Pollution During Pregnancy Increases Birth Defects - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

From the New York Times:

Quote:
Exposure in the first two months of pregnancy to air pollution from traffic sharply increases the risk for birth defects, a new study has found.

Researchers used data from two large studies carried out in eight counties in the San Joaquin Valley in California. One has tracked birth defects since 1997, and the other has recorded concentrations of nitrogen dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide and particulate matter at 20 locations in the valley since the 1970s. The results are posted online in The American Journal of Epidemiology.

Read the rest of the article here

Do you live in an area with a lot of pollution? Does it concern you? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-08-2013, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Mayo View Post

From the New York Times:

Read the rest of the article here

Do you live in an area with a lot of pollution? Does it concern you? 

It is highly related to childhood asthma rates as well.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#3 of 6 Old 04-11-2013, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes it does concern me. I live in that valley and I hate it. It gives me one more reason to try to escape once again.

#4 of 6 Old 07-10-2020, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It's no secret that our atmosphere has long been polluted. People have stopped caring for our planet.
#5 of 6 Old 07-10-2020, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I live in an area with a lot of pollution. This has a terrible effect on the usual way of life. Since the city where I live has a large number of factories, a huge amount of physical and chemical particles are concentrated in the air. For example, if you hang laundry on the balcony at night, then in the morning it will be in soot and with an unpleasant smell. The average life expectancy in our city is much lower than in the country. Our only hope is Carbon Click . They are struggling to restore the ecology. They provide companies with consultations on how to reduce toxic emissions into the atmosphere, as well as implement their own environmental restoration projects. If you have the opportunity to leave the polluted city, then be sure to do it.

Last edited by GucciCat; 07-10-2020 at 11:26 PM.
#6 of 6 Old 07-12-2020, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciCat View Post
I live in an area with a lot of pollution. This has a terrible effect on the usual way of life. Since the city where I live has a large number of factories, a huge amount of physical and chemical particles are concentrated in the air. For example, if you hang laundry on the balcony at night, then in the morning it will be in soot and with an unpleasant smell. The average life expectancy in our city is much lower than in the country. Our only hope is Carbon Click . They are struggling to restore the ecology. They provide companies with consultations on how to reduce toxic emissions into the atmosphere, as well as implement their own environmental restoration projects. If you have the opportunity to leave the polluted city, then be sure to do it.

My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks

Tags
News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page