The beginning of the end? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS is 25 mos old today.....for the last month or so he's been occasionally asking for water when nursing.....he'll ask to nurse (signs "milk"), then a couple minutes later, he'll pop off and ask for water (signs "water" and says "wa").... the last week or so now, he does this nearly every time he nurses, he wants water after. (granted, sometimes he'll nurse for 20 or 30 minutes before he asks for water, so not like he's completely done nursing)...sometimes it's after just a couple swallows..... pretty much the only time he doesn't is at night when he's sleeping.
Starting to wean? Or Just happy that he can ask for and get what he wants? (he is a late talker, and signer, but water has been part of his vocabulary for awhile now).

Mom to A 11/06: Researching : to grow our family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-31-2008, 12:21 AM

From our experience, I'm going more with "happy that he can ask for and get what he wants".

One can say that as soon as kids have anything but b'milk it's the start of weaning, but I never looked at it that way. When DS did that it was just him telling me what he wanted. Like taking a sip of cold water while eating rich chocolate ice cream...something to clear the palate before having more of the treat. And it's an apt description for me, as DS at 4.5 now tells me almost every time he nurses that it tastes like chocolate ice cream. Crazy, but it's what he says.
#3 of 3 Old 12-31-2008, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

LOL at the chocolate ice cream milk. Too cute.

Yeah, I've read/heard plenty of times that the introduction of another food is the start of weaning......
That's certainly not the start of them not wanting to nurse though!

Wonder where the statement comes from? Obviously they can't wean before they start eating something else .......

Mom to A 11/06: Researching : to grow our family

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page