Mostly for comfort... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-21-2009, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My LO is 16 mo old now. I just figured he would CLW. I also figured that would be quite some time from now. So, I was wondering, how many of you mamas mostly comfort nurse? My DS does more of this than anything. Every couple of days he actually wants some milk and will do some swallowing. But, mostly he just nurses for comfort. How long do you think until my milk dries up? Or will I keep producing milk even if he only gets some every now and then? Do many of you mamas who are still nursing dry nurse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-21-2009, 01:20 AM

My son is 6.5 and nurses only at bed time usually. He has nursed for comfort for I dunno how long, since he was born. I still have alittle milk, not much. I think it takes along time to actually fully "dry up", but I am sure everyone is different.
#3 of 4 Old 03-21-2009, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
i dried up when dd was 3 due to our special circumstances - coparenting and WOH fulltime, so not nursing enough - but she still continues to nurse at bedtime and sometimes wake up time with no end in sight. she is 6 1/2.

but she has been comfort nursing since she was a newborn. sometimes she would be just lightly sucking and get surprised when i had a letdown. her main source of nutrition though was nursing till she was 2. she didnt really start eating properly till seh was 2.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

#4 of 4 Old 03-22-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking burp cloth View Post
My LO is 16 mo old now. I just figured he would CLW. I also figured that would be quite some time from now. So, I was wondering, how many of you mamas mostly comfort nurse? My DS does more of this than anything. Every couple of days he actually wants some milk and will do some swallowing. But, mostly he just nurses for comfort. How long do you think until my milk dries up? Or will I keep producing milk even if he only gets some every now and then? Do many of you mamas who are still nursing dry nurse?
dd is approx 15mo now and there is NO way that nursing is just for comfort. I'd say she's 90% bf and 10% snacks! She is interested in "regular" "solid" food, but still totally into nursing. My ds clw at 3yo and cut-out nursings during hte day during the weekdays at 15mo due to daycare.....imo, if it wasn't was for my work he would have continued nursing more during the day if it wasn't for daycare (makes sense).

anyway, imo, it depends on where you are at??? if you're a SAHM and enjoy bf and your child enjoys it, then I would continue as is......child-lead-weaning is great!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page