Mothering Forum banner

Handling sadnes re: the [unnatural] end of our nursing relationship...

797 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  artekah 
#1 ·

#2 ·
Big hugs to you, mama! I'm still a nursing rookie (17 months) but I completely understand how wonderful nursing can be - for the toddler and for mom. All I can say is try to take comfort in the fact that it did end smoothly and know that although your son will miss out on more extended nursing, at least it wasn't traumatic for him to wean. I know it may be bittersweet but he is a strong, independent little boy and he is okay with it. He is lucky to get to nurse for two years, unfortunately too many babies are weaned early or never get the chance to nurse at all. You are a wonderful mom and a very strong person and you did EVERYTHING humanly possible to keep the nursing relationship going. Since he stopped easily, maybe he would have weaned significantly earlier than his siblings anyway. Another big hug to you. Some things are just not meant to be unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.