1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeeandOwlsMum

#1 of 2 Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Mom, needs Advice Please!!

Hello!

My son is 13 months and he is still nursing. He will take a bottle (bm/whole milk) from the sitter for naps during the week, but will always nurse for bedtime and night wakings which are still happening 2-3 times. On weekends, I try giving him a bottle (milk) he has never taken bm from me, but he still wants to nurse before being rocked to sleep.

I want to do child-led weaning, but we are considering trying for baby #2 and would like to have him done nursing before Im pregnant. Any advice for tips on weaning would be much appreciated. Will he wean on his own for nigh time if I continue to nurse?

thank you!
New Mommy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-10-2015, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
They will eventually wean themselves from night nursing. When is the question. 13 months is still on the young side for sleeping through without nursing. My older daughter night weaned on her own at 2.5 years. The younger is still nursing - though she mostly only nurses at night - and will be 3 in August. It seems like the 18months-2 year time frame is about when it is easiest to encourage night weaning.
Zrinzo likes this.

Tags
zrinzo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page