Pls SHARE weaning story for MUCH older (>6yrs) will we ever? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 12-17-2017, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pls SHARE weaning story for MUCH older (>6yrs) will we ever?

OK- so I believe that nursing/weaning is a relationship that only the mother and child really understand. HOWEVER, if anyone could please share their stories of weaning MUCH older children, please please share. My 6yr old is still highly interested in nursing once a day, in the evening, together at bedtime. I also tremendously enjoy this time with her. It is also the only way and time of day that she cares/wishes to snuggle- she is otherwise too active for calm snuggling. We both love this time together. However, I am beginning to wonder if we will EVER stop? And the thought makes me so sad. I am experimentally denying her this week- she seemed a little sad but understood that mommy thinks her boobs need it. And now that it's been a week, my breasts hurt so much from the excess milk, even tho we've only nursed once a day for the last year. Plus, now I am questioning what I was thinking. It was totally my idea- not hers. And I miss our snuggle time, and again my boobs HURT. Please, no judgmental people reply, only people that have actually experienced this very rare situation of nursing a much older child. I need to know that if we keep nursing, will she ever actually wean, or will it look like this at any age now? Please share your experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-17-2017, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Yes, she will wean and yes, it OK for you to want a break. All 3 of my kids bf till 4/5 yrs old. I understand.

Tags
Child Led Weaning , extended breastfeeding

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page