I think dd has weaned, any ideas for "closure" for us... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 05-07-2005, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a dd who turns 5 on the 29th of May, and a ds who is still nursing at 23 mo. I honestly cannot remember now the last time dd nursed... I think it was about 2-3 mo ago, and we talked about it one day and she said she was a big girl now. We had alot of ups and downs about nursing, especially with tandeming, which was difficult as ds had many problems nursing due to 2 bowel surgeries at a week old, the whole new-baby-brother thing, us working out limits and compromises in our nursing relationship, etc. I have alot of very mixed feelings...part of me feels relieved, but I also due to the factors I mentioned have some very bittersweet feelings too.

Dd is big into animals, and we were looking at library books one day and talked about the pictures of the caterpillar and the coccoon, and how the butterfly emerges. That is how I feel about her and how she no longer needs nursies...my little girl has grown up. I feel such a need to have some sort of a ceremony for closure for us...nursing just slipped away too quietly and nondramatically for me. Something with a butterfly theme... I just keep thinking of that...something with just me and her and maybe dh too. Any websites or resources any one knows about weaning ceremonies/parties. Have any of you done any such ceremony?

Thanks in advance!

Tina, dh James, dd Stephanie Joy and ds Jonathan Caleb

Tina, RN, wife-y to J, mom to dd (10) and ds (7)
"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you suck forever!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-07-2005, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckgal
Dd is big into animals, and we were looking at library books one day and talked about the pictures of the caterpillar and the coccoon, and how the butterfly emerges. That is how I feel about her and how she no longer needs nursies...my little girl has grown up.
: how beautiful! i'll look some stuff up for you.

Bring back the old MDC

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page