Do you plan on doing something for yourself.... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 05-07-2005, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when they self wean?

I've heard of weaning parties for the kids but what about the mamas? Does anyone plan on doing something special for themself? (besides drowning bittersweet sorrows in a bottle of jack daniels :LOL )

I used to think of getting a nipple peircing, but now, I'm not so sure. I've become a bigger wimp as I get older.

So, any ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-08-2005, 01:42 AM

Yes, I do have plans for when my babies finally wean. I'm going to go back to The Farm and take their midwifery workshops.
#3 of 9 Old 05-08-2005, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The summer after DS had weaned, when we saw some lovely statuettes of families, including one of a mom nursing a noninfant, DH bought me it.

Last year, as DD was showing signs of slowing to a stop, I got myself the nursing goddess pendant from the Attachments website. When she broke, I got myself 2--one and a spare since they are clay and obviously can break.

That is what I have done for me to commerate and celebrate their nursing.

"What will you do once you know?"

#4 of 9 Old 05-08-2005, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Those both sound lovely!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 9 Old 05-08-2005, 04:45 PM

#6 of 9 Old 05-08-2005, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba
buy clothing that is nursing inaccessible!
That's what I did when my girls weaned- I desperately needed new clothes anyway, so I got some that I couldn't nurse in, plus some "real bras."

I don't really want to think about ds weaning!! It's very likely that I'll continue to wear front-hook bras because of my FMS, but I am looking forward to unpacking my simple red and black dresses that I bought after Leah weaned!!

Ruth, single mommy to 3 quasi-adults
#7 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 12:36 PM

Eat coleslaw!!! We had a terrible, terrible night of gas when DS was a small baby and I made the mistake of eating cabbage for dinner. We still talk about it in hushed tones. "Remember Cabbage Night?" He'd probably be fine with it now, but that experience scarred me and I'm too scared to try eating any cabbage now, but I am soooo jonesing for a barbecue sandwich with coleslaw.

I might repierce my nipples -- had 'em both done before I got pg. That's a good idea, Shenjall.

But I also really like Elphaba's hotel idea!

Good thread. I hadn't thought about doing something for myself, but I think it's a good idea. Will help ease the sadness, and celebrate the poignancy of it.

~Nick
#8 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still liking the peircing of nipples idea - it just scares me! They have become soooo sensitive I dont know if I could handle it.

Maybe a tattoo? I dont know.

This is my first and last successful bf relationship. I feel I have to do something to commemerate it, YK?

I'm sure I still have a while to think about though - she's not stopping anytime soon! :LOL

#9 of 9 Old 05-10-2005, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I think I'll take a vacation whenever I get a break from nursing. That'll be YEARS, though. When DS weans, I'll still be nursing his little sis or brother, and by the time that one weans I'll likely have another (I want to space 4 or 5 years between #2 and #3). I think we'll just have a party for both of us.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page