"Well she eats good enough..." - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 11-11-2005, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
For what, I'm not sure. That's what my MIL said when we recently visited. She said, "You're *still* breastfeeding her?" (DD ws only 17 months when we were there) and I said, "Yes." MIL said, "Well, she eats good enough...." As if the fact that she eats food means that she shouldn't nurse anymore. It's especially frustrating since DD has a severe allergy to both dairy and soy, so it isn't like there is any other substitute for breastmilk for her! I would CLW even if she didn't have allergies, but you'd think people would be more understanding under the circumstances! I had thought they weren't ever going to comment on it, but it seems that they're already starting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-12-2005, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, sorry to hear you have to deal with that.
#3 of 3 Old 11-12-2005, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the "Well, she eats good enough...." statement could also be taken another way (not that it makes it better). do you think that could have been her way of accepting your nursing because 'she eats good enough' too? older non-nursing generations really think breastmilk is water so maybe she felt you could keep giving her that water since she was getting plenty of good nutrition on the side!

In love with Dh since 1998. We created Ds (7.1.03), Dd (10.16.06) and Dd (3.16.09).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page