Toddler dental work effects on nursing (xpost) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 02-06-2006, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We aren't sure exactly what is going to be done to DD's teeth. For sure, two will be crowned, probably four. The problem is that 2 of them are very, very decayed. It started in the back between her 12 month dental visit and her 18 month visit (well, we actually took her at 20 months because of the holidays), where we couldn't see the decay and didn't know it was happening despite our constant brushing, so the front teeth on one side of the middle may have to be extracted. The dentist will not know for sure until he starts the work. DD will be 21 months.

Has anyone nursed after your toddler had any teeth extracted? What about with partials? I'm really worried that having teeth extracted or wearing a partial would hurt our nursing relationship. The dentist says wearing a partial wouldn't matter for the tooth that would be extracted, so if anyone has experience with partials and extractions, please, please let me know if or how it affected nursing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-30-2019, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this post is old, but please tell me there’s someone here who can assist me with finding a dentist to replace my daughter’s front tooth 😞

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page