Don't Offer, Don't Refuse: We Forgot to Nurse Yesterday - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 08-07-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dear, darling son and I forgot to nurse yesterday... we had a busy day, and while he usually nurses first thing in the morning, he wasn't interested yesterday morning - he went straight to a bowl of cereal. Then we got to running around and he took a little nap, we ran around some more, and then he went to bed. It wasn't until I was about to drift off to sleep that I realized, "OMG!! He didn't nurse today!!!" He didn't nurse this morning either... Evidently he forgot to ask and I forgot to offer...

...is this the beginning of the end?

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 PM

My son was much younger when this began but I totally know what your thinking! Is this then end? My beautiful boy is growing up! When my son was 13 mos he just drastically stopped nursing. He was a hardcore nurser and I NEVER expeceted him to self wean or if he did, I thought he be atleast 2or 3 yrs old!! It started just like you wrote, where we'd just forget to! Its only been two months since this has happened and he still nurses frequently some days and other none at all. So in answer to your concerns of him weaning, yes it may be in the near future...but he'll give you time to wean
#3 of 6 Old 08-08-2006, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well, ds nursed to sleep last night, and wanted his nursies first thing this morning... so, while it may have "slowed down" he is definitely not finished!

Wifey to Hubby, Mama to Boy (2004) and Girl (2009). 

#4 of 6 Old 08-08-2006, 02:36 PM

Good. I have never really heard of a child just stopping completly. Its probably happened but our situation is usually how i hear it.
#5 of 6 Old 08-08-2006, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DD is 27 months and has been doing the same thing....we forget or I remember and she's too busy to stop. A few weeks ago I was sick and was just exhausted and she wanted some at 11pm (her dad let her nap from 5p-10pm and then went to bed..thanks) and I said maybe later and she said ok with a sad face...I felt awful but I could barely move my body sick and she was content to fall asleep next to me with a hand on her nummies....I passed out soon after....She just nursed twice the next day....

So we'll go a few days, then back to normal, then a day and back to normal...I don't think I will be ready when the time comes to end end....esp since TTC has been put on hold....
#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2006, 02:37 AM

Some days we nurse while others we don't. He either asks or doesn't. It is like my boobs are non existant one day but the next they're the main attraction. lol It's just a Gradual phase towards weaning on his part.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page