"No more milk in mommy's boobie" - Mothering Forums

#1 of 16 Old 12-28-2006, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where is the I can't see the screen through my tears smilie?
I am 7 weeks pregnant. DS is 2 months shy of 3. For the past week or so, he has been having nursing difficulties. He has made faces at the taste, told me my boobies are "bigger" and "no like it". We have talked and talked about the changes he feels, but not discussed why. And today, he told me that. He asked to just "sleep, no boobie". I am hoping that he doesn't say that tonight. I feel ever ever ever so sad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 12-29-2006, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is really hard. I am going through something similar. I am also pregnant (36 weeks), and the taste changed for DS, and then the milk went away altogether. I have colostrum now -- I think I got it at 22 weeks or so, so maybe you will have that for your DS.

I wish I had better advice or encouragement for you -- it is hard when you want to let your baby nurse, and your body is not cooperating.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#3 of 16 Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 AM

to you!

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)

#4 of 16 Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 AM

let us know what happens. I know how totally sad these moments can be.
#5 of 16 Old 01-09-2007, 01:59 PM

Aww, how sad! When I was pg with #2, DS 1 would nurse, then sip out of a sippy cup, then nurse some more. That's how he maintained his nursing thru my pregnancy- he got the comfort and bonding he needed, plus the liquids! Once the milk came back, he went right back to nursing a lot.

Just a thought, it might help him make the transition easier.

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#6 of 16 Old 01-09-2007, 09:32 PM

Hugs hugs hugs to you mama!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (11y) and one sweet boy (7y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#7 of 16 Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 AM

I've often wondered why milk dries up in pregnancy -- does anyone have any links that explain why this happens? It seems that if our bodies were designed to nurse for that long, it would adjust for pregnancy.

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

#8 of 16 Old 01-12-2007, 04:26 PM

HUgs...I almost cryed when I read this...I hope my guy still nurses when i get preggo. Good luck.
#9 of 16 Old 01-13-2007, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

He is finished. He has not nursed in 3 days. Now I am crying. I told my husband and didn't cry. And I thought of calling around to tell people that my sweet baby has weaned, but really there is no one to call that would understand the set of complex emotions I have right now. A part of me feels proud of me and him. We had a beautiful nursing relationship that was enjoyed by both of us so much that lasted close to three years. Part of me feels so so sad as I wonder if I had not gotten pregnant if he would still be nursing. Probably. Part of me wonders if his runny nose and cough would be there if he had just kept on. No tears on his end. I kept offering and he declined and kissed us all and went to sleep or asked for some OJ in the morning.
I guess what brings these tears as I type is that it just kind of ended and I have no one to share with because no one really understood it anyway at this point,
My heart feels a little empty tonight.
#10 of 16 Old 01-14-2007, 04:25 AM

Awww mama...I know we're all just strangers over the internet, but I feel your pain, your not alone mama.

Take care of that baby boy, even when he "seems" so grown up, he'll always need you.
#11 of 16 Old 01-15-2007, 07:00 PM

aww im an emotional pregnant one too...im crying! i have an 18 month old who is trying really hard to keep nursing and i know there is nothing in there she is sucking and sucking and i now have blisters from where she has sucked on and off throughout the night. i'm really hoping she will keep up and nurse when the new one arrives. she does the whole nursing forever and then asks for her cup makes me sad. i too feel as though we'd still be going strong without sore nipples or a sad night time baby had i not gotten pregnant again, but we really wanted to have kids close together. i keep cuddling her an extra bit here and there...ok all day long. i cuddle her at night while she tries and tries to get something outta these puppies...i kiss her head and tell her im sorry for making the yummies disappear but i still love her tons
#12 of 16 Old 01-16-2007, 09:27 PM

That really tugs at my I don't look forward to the day that dd weans herself. People don't realize it's a hard transition for all parties involved.

Former 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wearing,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ing, pole dancing, 
pushing, 
survivor & single mama extraordinaire to 
. Whew! Now that's a mouthful!!!

#13 of 16 Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM

Oh, mama

Been there, twice. Both my girls weaned when I was pregnant with the next child. My oldest was 2 1/2, and I had a complicated pregnancy (lost a twin at 14 weeks) so she was really only nursing down to sleep at that point. Some time during my 6th month, there was no milk, she had a cold and couldn't nurse and breathe at the same time, and finally just popped off and said, 'can I have chocolate milk?' I knew it was the last time. So bittersweet.

My second was only 20 months old and basically just up and weaned when I was expecting ds. I don't think my milk had completely dried up yet but it was close. She went from nursing many times during the day and night to not nursing at all in like a week. It was awful. One day I realized that she hadn't nursed for 24 hours, and I cried...I knew she was done but I hadn't "known" the last time and she wouldn't oblige!

Nothing much to say, but good for you for following your babe's lead for so long! What a gift you have given (and received). The gift of

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#14 of 16 Old 01-21-2007, 05:37 AM

I literally just wrote such a similar post in the DDC for Sept babies! I am currently 7 wks pg, my dd is 3 next month, and she's been telling me I am out of milk, and today refused to nurse at all.

its so hard! hugs, mama
#15 of 16 Old 01-21-2007, 05:51 PM

We understand! I cried as I read your post. Sending lots of love & support.
#16 of 16 Old 02-04-2007, 05:55 PM

I understand your sadness too, the same has just happened to me and my dd (28 months) these last two weeks. And I was really prepared to tandem nurse... well I guess that just won't happen. The hard part is letting go so suddenly, isn't it?

Mom to two girls, wife to DH : : : : : :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page