"That mama snack doesn't work...." - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is what my 3.5 y.o. ds said to me tonight, after trying the right side. He has heavily favored the left side for at least a few months, and I could see a noticeable difference in my breasts (ie. my right side has been bigger, I could feel engorgement at times, the left side is more deflated/used,lol). Then a couple of weeks ago I started using the Nuvaring and I knew that might affect it slightly too, though I don't really think that's it, I think it's more that ds would sometimes go as many as 4 days of not nursing on the righthand side, or he'd nurse there only for a minute maybe, before switching back to the left.

So I'll be lopsided until he's done with the left as well. Though at this point I'm not sure when that will be, I've had complete conversations with him about Mama snacks. And some of his comments are.... "I love Mama snacks. They are for babies, but they are also for me, for Braden, not just babies" "I am a little boy, I still need my Mama snacks" "they are so nice, I just like to be with it" (said as he holds one before snacking). He truly, truly is attatched, and can articulate how he feels about it. I've been writing down what he's been saying, and how it's going. I feel that this is going to end in the next few months. I have extremely mixed feelings about this. A few months ago, I was ready to be done, it was driving me nuts at times, but I pushed through it because ds obviously still needed it so much, and now I'm fine with it, and cherishing the times we have together. He snacks to sleep at night most nights, and he snacks early in the AM when he comes to our bed.

Oh, he also likes to talk about how monkeys have mama snacks too,lol. Verrry interested in what animals have snacks! (sorry, calling them snacks,lol, that's what he refers to them as, same thing my nephews called my sister's,lol)

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-07-2007, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

He was pulling my leg! Both sides still have milk. I'm thinking he wasn't latched on right or something. Temporary lapse in supply? Who knows. Silly guy.

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#3 of 9 Old 01-07-2007, 12:06 PM

My DD consistently tells me on is empty after she sucks on it for a few minutes, or sometimes at the start.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)

#4 of 9 Old 01-08-2007, 02:59 AM

I get the "empty" comment from dd, and if I just give a quick squeeze I can express some. I think she's just gotten lazy from all the time she did NOT have to work to get it out. LOL! TFS I loved reading your ds' comments. I need to start writing down Meleah's... she says some really cute stuff that I usually forget when she says the next cute thing. :
#5 of 9 Old 01-09-2007, 01:18 AM

"Mama snacks"....I love this! I will read this to my nearly 6 yo, he'll love to hear about this! His younger brother (4) is slowing down, forgetting about it some mornings...the other day he insisted on taking a shower with me and made some hilarious comment about my "nipples" (which he uses to refer to my whole breast). I need to write these things down as these days are passing all too quickly...sniff....my older one was much more mischievous about nursing in the end so I was happy to wean (biting and stuff); my 4 yo is soooooo sweet about it all. It's precious. thanks for sharing!!
#6 of 9 Old 01-09-2007, 02:02 PM

"Mama Snacks!" Love it! What great stories!

Both boys seem to favor my right side. I have to keep pushing the left because that would really throw me out of balance to have 2 on one side!!

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#7 of 9 Old 01-22-2007, 03:28 AM

too cute. Every family seems to have their nicknames for nursing/breasts.
#8 of 9 Old 01-25-2007, 05:31 PM

Glad to see that 'snacks' is a popular term. We use it and have been given very odd looks.

Started when I was getting pressure from Gma - WHAT you are feeding him again? He just ate (solids). So I could duck the issue with, He just needs a quick snack. Since I have frequent feeders, snack seemed very appropriate, and it stuck.
#9 of 9 Old 01-26-2007, 12:40 AM

that's so cute. That's cool that you're writing down what he says for memories.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page