I want to kiss your boobies. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 20 Old 03-30-2007, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Ds just turned 3 and nurses at night and in the am and all is going well except that lately he has taken to loudly announcing in public that he "Wants to kiss my boobies" . While this sound pretty funny it can also be a bit embarrassing. I have asked him not to say this in public but it continues. He also tries to put his hands down my shirt, hasn't done this is months, and says that his hands are cold, "mommy your boobies are so warm". Any suggestions on how I can handle this gently with him.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 03-31-2007, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
has he heard anyone else say something like that? maybe on tv?

anyway dd also tries to hold my shirt from the inside, or balance herself by resting a hand on a breast, and i gently say, "shoulder please" and put her hand on my shoulder. i try to make it a little game and say the words "shoulder please" in various pitches. i do this when we are nursing too, and her hand tends to wander.

regarding cold fingers, i offer the back of my neck or even my underarms where i can close in around her fingers to keep them warm.

relaxed-unschooler mama to dd (2003). hoping for second one. love being a mama!!
#3 of 20 Old 04-02-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks cheery. I have tried the underarm thing about the cold hands and he just replies that boobies are much warmer .

I'll just have to stay consistent with this and hopefully he will catch on soon and there will be less embarrassing moments for me.

He has never heard anything about kissing boobies on tv, or I sure as heck hope not anyway, they represent comfort to him I guess.

Thanks for teh suggestions.

#4 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd (3.5) does this, and does give them kisses, but only in private (of course now she'll scream it out in a store ). I would treat it as any other boundary- be firm and consistant. I hope he gets it soon.
#5 of 20 Old 04-03-2007, 06:17 PM

DS is like that, always asking to touch or love the nursies. He weaned about a month ago, but still loves to touch/show affection to them.

He's almost 4, so he mostly understands where and when is appropriate for this kind of touch. But, if he's upset in public, the first thing he does is put a hand down my shirt...

Will be watching for others responses!
#6 of 20 Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 AM

No advice, but that's rather sweet I can see how it would be very frustrating at the same time though!!
#7 of 20 Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
But, if he's upset in public, the first thing he does is put a hand down my shirt...
Ditto for my oldest son! Boobs are his security blanket, so he often tries to seek comfort from them when he is not nursing. I try to wear crew neck shirts to keep the hand out in public. I also say, quietly in his ear "hand out please." He usually has no problem taking it out right away, like he didn't really realize he'd put it there. It just sorta snuck in!

He does like to give the boobs hugs and kisses, but usually just when he is going to be gone for awhile (like to preschool.) I let him, most of the time. He hasn't asked in public. I think I'd just say "we can give the milkies a kiss and hug at home/in the car."

I'm Deborah, mama to Aidan, 11/02, Sean, 9/04 (my T21 SuperBoy), and Eleanor, 8/08.
#8 of 20 Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

The hands definately shoot right down the shirt when he's tired or upest. I gently redirect, good to know I'm not alone.
#9 of 20 Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 PM

I'm just bopping around forums and had to add that my 3yo, who weaned at 16 months due to a combination of unfortunate circumstances, shoots a hand down my shirt for comfort too. So it happens in weaned kids as well--even those who presumably don't remember nursing. I always find it sweet, actually, but I have sadness about weaning too early.

grateful mother to DD, 1/04, and DS, 2/08

#10 of 20 Old 04-20-2007, 04:19 AM

DD still loves to see them, pat them, and sometimes kiss them or caress the top of my cleavage or lay her hand there. She is very protective too if I am wearing a shirt that is not even "low cut" she will put her hand there or zip up my jacket higher so no one can see them!
She still calls them (HER) "nursies" even though she self-weaned 3 yrs ago.
I actually find it comforting too. (She only does this at home though... but she has made remarks about them in the checkout line or in front of her teacher. )

'Manda

::Mommy to Pixie : 9-3-00 and Peri 11-15-07
#11 of 20 Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayme371 View Post
The hands definately shoot right down the shirt when he's tired or upest. I gently redirect, good to know I'm not alone.
Mine does this, too. Once she did it to DH and I cracked up. Honestly, I don't say anything. I just take her hand out gently and kiss it. She gets the idea that it's not a public thing to do.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#12 of 20 Old 04-20-2007, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, has definately started happening more often since the weather is starting to get warm. V or scoop neck shirts seem to be too much to resist for him.

I don't mind at home as long as it is not out of control, they obviously represent comfort for him. What can I say he's my baby.:
#13 of 20 Old 04-20-2007, 03:21 PM

Is the reason you (anyone) are uncomfortable with this other people's perceptions? I have the same worries, so I'm not saying you're wrong to feel that way. Isn't it awful that our society is so sick that we have to be worried about this? If our society had a somewhat rational view about breastfeeding, it would be no problem. But if our kids say things like that in public, we risk being accused of sexual abuse My 3 year old and sometimes even my 5 year old will stick their hands down my shirt to get warmed up To them it's just the most logical place!
#14 of 20 Old 04-21-2007, 08:04 PM

Oh yes, my son did this--still does on occasion if he happens to catch me right out of the shower or something. (He's 4.) Because, you know, he LOVES them. Like full-on worshipful adoration . (It's very sweet actually.) So I let him pat a little bit but then I get dressed because I actually don't enjoy it very much. He hasn't done it in several months though.
#15 of 20 Old 04-21-2007, 08:35 PM

I have two who just love my boobs, I don't really mind it so much, as a pp said, if society had normal views on breastfeeding, it wouldn't even be an issue.
#16 of 20 Old 04-22-2007, 09:08 PM

oh my gosh! i thought i was the only one! my son, who weaned a day before his second birthday, often keeps his hands warm i the shirt. i don't mind except when he gets excessively grabby.

BUT he just started wanting to squish the mammos then kiss them. (they are boobahs when they make milk and mammos when they don't). it's a bit physically uncomfortable for me because he wants to kiss and touch the nipple area. but when i ask him not to because it tickles it's like the end of the world and he turns away and pouts.

i wasn't sure if this was damaging psychologically or just a phase. it's good to hear other children, even those still nursing, are doing it.

eh. who needs a signature?
#17 of 20 Old 04-23-2007, 05:25 PM

Well, those are some smart kids... didn't you guys know that boobies are the absolute best way to warm hands up? It's like they were made for that. Actually, I guess they probably are, warming up the infant is probably part of what they "do".

Don't have any advice, because my DS doesn't do this, at least not yet. LOL.
#18 of 20 Old 04-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMetz View Post
Actually, I guess they probably are, warming up the infant is probably part of what they "do".
I read that the breasts actually regulate their temperature in response to the infant! I have no idea how that is possible (just as I have no idea how it is possible for the breast to create milk geared toward the child), but it happens!
#19 of 20 Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 AM

very sweet, i never linked it together but my 4 y/o who weaned at 1 still puts his hands down my shirt---
#20 of 20 Old 04-25-2007, 04:28 AM

I just got my first over-the-shirt "boobie kisses" tonight! My DS was trying to entice me to play when he knew I was waiting to nurse him to sleep...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page