Mothering Forum banner

Help me deal...

639 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Lovenest 
#1 ·
Disclaimer, I'm posting here because my goal is CLW. I just need some help with my thoughts and feelings in the process. Ds is 32 months old, and I'm really feeling like I'm ready for this to be over with. I have loved nursing him, and I love how much he loves it too, but but there's a part of me thinking that he should be slowing down by now at least! He nurses to go to sleep, he nurses when he wakes up (both for nighttime and for his nap), if we're at home he asks to nurse about every hour and a half if not more often than that. It has been this way his entire life, the only thing that has changed is that he sleeps through the night without nursing most of the time now. I feel like I'm impatient to see some sign of letting it go a bit, and I'm afraid that he is going to pick up on negativity there. It's important to me that he gets to stop in his own time, but how do I keep from feeling frustrated in the meantime? Please tell me I'm not the only one who has ever felt this way at some time in the process....

#2 ·
What other things are you doing together? I ask because I found for myself that I started to feel unhappy about breastfeeding if it seemed like all we were doing all day was sitting around the house. This is a great age to start getting involved in playgroups, going for walks, library story time or whatever else you enjoy together. I may be totally off here but that is just what came to mind first.

#3 ·
Around your son age my son was the same way. I had to do things to keep him busy so he would not want to nurse ALL day.. and yes I do mean ALL day!

I did something like this:

Wake up and nurse him
Have breakfast
Do painting, play-doh or some sensory activity like playing with rice or beans etc
Go on a walk, the fresh air is good for both of you! Stroller or have him walk
Lunch
Read books (I know its asking for a nursing session!)
Nap & nurse
Park or outside play
Snack time & nurse if wanted
Playtime- toys like playsilks, blocks, cars and open ended toys
Then you have dinner and bed time

I hope that gives you some ideas or at least know that other mamas have been there done that, it will get better. Just try to remember that he will not be small forever and what a wonderful gift you are giving him and yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.