My second son has weaned - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds2 weaned just a few days after his 4th bithday. Oddly enough, that is the same age within a day or two that ds1 weaned. Instead of asking to nurse when he gets hurt, he now wants Daddy. I miss being the only one to comfort him. The last time he nursed, he told me it was going to be his last time. He didn't nurse long (he was really forgetting how to latch- amazing how that happens so fast!). I asked him how it tastes when he was done. He said like cereal milk. (Yes, I am guilty of letting my kids have some sweetened cereal) Ds1 had told me the same thing when he was still nursing. I guess it is unanimous, I make cereal milk. We will see what dd has to say about it someday. It seems strange to be nurisng just one again since I have been tandem nursing for the majority of 4 years now!

Carrie, mom to Johnathan (7-02), Brodie (2-04), Kate (12-06), Jordan (9-08), (4-09) & Maggie (3-10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-11-2008, 11:38 AM

congratulations! "cereal milk" is too cute, you better write that down. i think the "daddy" thing is just a phase. on the one hand, of course it's good that he can accept comfort from others and even learn to comfort himself. on the other hand, there's really no subsitute for mama.
#3 of 5 Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 AM

great job mama following your children's lead hugs for feeling melancholy, but your son will need your arms again soon
my 2nd son recently weaned too, weird feeling. but it's a good feeling knowing you let nature/nuture be you guide and then watching them thrive with and now without it, but because of it!
we were in the march 04 due date club so happy birthday to your little guy (my girly's b-day is just around the corner) and congratulations on tandeming for 4 yrs.

#4 of 5 Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 PM

Many, many hugs to you, and congratulations to you both. I was just coming here to post almost the exact same thing, except it is my oldest dd.

Do unto children as you would have them do unto you ::
#5 of 5 Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 PM

That is wonderful you made it to 4 years!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page