I think this might be the end..... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I know I'm not well known here, we've just been lucky to have an uneventful, peaceful nursing relationship. That said, I really need you mommas right now if you'll have me.........

I was just changing into my jammies and as I took off my bra I realized that DS (just turned 2 last month) hadn't asked to nurse since yesterday morning, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

I was home with him until he was one and he transitioned nicely to nursing in the morning and at night when I decided to stop pumping when he was about 15 mo. It's just weird because I've been at the point where I wouldn't be destroyed if he decided it was over but now that I have weaning staring me in the face I feel so different.

It's so weird but I think my problem is that I'm afraid that we're going to have our last nursing session and I'm not going to know that it's the last one and not make a note to keep that memory and it will slip away. Then I'll be so sad to not have that closure to the most intimate and special relationship of my life. I know that we'll likely have another child but it's not the nursing I'm nervous about losing, it's nursing DS, my firstborn.

If they aren't something that you're keeping for just you, would you share your advice, stories, experiences with me Mommas?

Thanks in advance, I just feel like the mommas on MDC are the only people who can gently help me throught this transition.

Julie, proud graduate of the AOW 3 year program in the study of boobology . Me : + DH : = Super Bubba !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 PM

Is there a reason you're choosing to not offer at all?

-Angela
#3 of 4 Old 03-16-2008, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Not really, we just had a super busy weekend having a BLAST with DS. We all had a little bit of cabin fever so we went to the Science Museum and saw dinos and the zoo to see non-extinct animals and went to say hi to Grammy and Poppa and in the whirlwind of toddler fun it just kind of slipped because he was already asleep by the time we got home. To be honest I'd really like to wake him to nurse right now but there is no way I'm going to wake the volcano

Julie, proud graduate of the AOW 3 year program in the study of boobology . Me : + DH : = Super Bubba !

#4 of 4 Old 03-17-2008, 12:36 AM

No no! Don't wake him!

But offer if you think he might be interested. Don't offer/don't refuse can be a mother led weaning technique.

-Angela

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page