s/o CLW night nursing - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 04-20-2008, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
so it sounds like 2.5 years to 3.5 years is when toddlers seem to feel comfortable doing this on their own.
so my question is, what if you have a newborn? how does it work?
my ds is 16 months, and i plan on trying to get pregnant again between 18-24 months...my biggest concern is the night nursing, like how the HELL do you do THAT with two,yk? my ds is definitely showing signs of needing it less and less on his own, and at least once or twice a night will do the roll over and fall asleep on his own thing, but he still sleeps right up against me (which i love) and nurses from 4-7am almost constantly. i sleep through it, so it doesn't bother me, but i just think, what if i had a newborn in bed with me?
i know that there is a good chance that my milk will change or maybe even go away when i get pregnant,which could adjust my ds's night nursing patterns...but what if he is one of those die-hards ?
anyone have experience in this. i'd really rather only hear from mom's who have had two or more babies and really know what it's like, rather than speculation...thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-11-2008, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am going through this right now -- my 21 month old nurses and acts as you describe. i'm 3 months preg. right now and it has been really hard for us -- my milk is lower and he has been wanting to nurse ALOT through the night now. he also does the 4-7 a.m. nursing. we are struggling right now, but in the past few nights he has had solid snacks in the middle of the night.
I'm interested, and really hope that others reply to this post, as I am experiencing turmoil over this right now.
#3 of 5 Old 05-11-2008, 11:03 PM

To answer the OP- this was one of many reasons I chose not to TTC until dd was over 2 years old.

Historically humans seem to space births around 3-4+ years apart. I think that is wise and has a lot of reasons.

-Angela

#4 of 5 Old 05-11-2008, 11:45 PM

When my second DD was born, her big sister regained interest in night nursing. I had one child on each side and would just lean towards whichever child needed me at any given point during the night. My oldest was 3 but she really needed that nursing to reconnect with me.

I will have a new challenge in December because I will be tandem nursing again. Hopefully, number 3 will be patient with number 4 and tandem night nursing will fall into place again.
#5 of 5 Old 05-12-2008, 03:24 AM

I think close spacing has so many advantages! The nursing part is not easy to do, but if you want to nurse, you will try your best. This is what I do.

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page