She's NOT weaned....or is she??...no she's not :) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
There's more on this post in my other post about crossroads.

and another where I posted that she had not nursed for several days and I really didn't remember "the last time"

Well, right after that, she asked. And I can't refuse an innocent "boo?" with "that look"

Followed by latching on and "that other look" you know the one.

and then I asked her about sharing with the baby. Who is due well, any day now.

And she says, my just 21 month old baby herself says "share Zahir boo" (that's baby's name, well, unless he just looks like something else when he comes out I guess) :

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
one girlie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(1/07), one 13 wk
(10/13) and

5/15 just your average

multigenerational living family!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-16-2008, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read your other thread. Sorry you got no replies! Reading it today it seemed like you really didn't need help, you were figuring it all out.

By the way, my mom had weaned me at 2, though I don't know if it because she was pregnant (pain, no milk, that sort of thing) or b/c she didn't want to tandem.

But then my brother was earthside and nursing, and I got pretty high and mighty I guess, and explained that she had two "sip sips" and two children, and obviously she needed to make room for me. It worked (she always said I should have been a lawyer) and she nursed me until my brother self-weaned at 2. Tell THAT one to your hubby! And my half-sister (different mom, same dad) went almost to 5 years old.

My guy is doing the same thing as your girl, with long stretches in between. He's 4 and 4 months, and I've started writing down each time he nurses. I don't want to miss the last time, you know?

And just to go into a teensy bit of my story to share, I'm wondering about last night when he asked for milk...while nursing he interrupted himself to ask "can I touch?" I don't normally let him touch my chest while nursing b/c if he does he starts trying to twiddle and squish, and I can't deal with that. So I said he could put his hand on the side of my breast, and asked why he wanted to. And he said "so I can remember how it feels".

Eek! I'm a bit sad, wondering if he really means that, wondering if it was the LAST.

I hope you, your girl, your new one, and also your hubby, can figure it all out with minimal problems!
#3 of 4 Old 10-18-2008, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
aaagghhhh I remember twiddling! around the same time we had the nursing-at-bedtime issue, maybe shortly before, I had to start wearing an old, loose bra to bed just to cover up the other side and make it impossible for her to twiddle because I just could not handle it anymore! (fortunately she took it just fine.) I don't know if she got rougher in some kind of attempt to make the milk come faster or if it was part of being pregnant and nursing but I could not handle it!

lovin DH since 1/04, best mom for my 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10
one girlie
(1/07), one 13 wk
(10/13) and

5/15 just your average

multigenerational living family!!

#4 of 4 Old 10-25-2008, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i could have written your post- except the due any day part, lol.

glad you got it figured out

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page