Tearing after uc - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tearing after uc

Hello, I had a wonderful UC almost 3 days ago. At first I thought I didn't tear, I was so happy! But, yesterday I found a large tear not on the perineum but going up toward the front at an angle. I can't determine if I should go to the hospital to get stitched or if it will be fine on its own. I have a three year old so being on bed rest is out of the question. Does anyone have any advice if I should just go ahead and get stitched or let nature take its course. I lean towards letting it heal naturally but I don't know how to determine if it will heal together right on it or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Could it at least be worth having it looked at? It may be helpful to have a second opinion. Although definitely follow your instinct and don't be rushed into a decision or make one out of fear.

Married to a wonderful and supportive DH, mom to DS1 (7/13) and DS2 (8/15)
#3 of 6 Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Can you tell if it's just skin or into muscle? Because unless it's pretty deep it would be fine most likely, my midwives I've had said they avoid stitching as long as things aren't very deep and still line up fine, that stitches just add several more wounds to heal where the needle goes in. Does everything seem to lay right so it can heal just as it is if you stay mostly still a while, or does it seem to need to be fixed in place to heal properly? New-skin liquid bandage is a possible home treatment if it's shallow but needs a little help holding together. Do stay in bed more to let things heal, moving around won't help it one bit.

#4 of 6 Old 04-02-2015, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 225 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
For me, it might depend on how supportive the practitioner I was going to see was. Are you likely to get a lecture about UC? Or is it someone you already have a decent relationship with?
#5 of 6 Old 04-03-2015, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont trust the doctors around here. My partner got stitches from local hospital a few years ago and came down with a stomach bacteria that is only found in hospitals. I think it is a clean tear and is not in to the muscle. I am not certain how to really tell. My partner looked at and thinks that it isn't either. I believed my body could deliver this amazing baby and it did. I am going to trust that it can heal itself too. Thanks for the responses.
#6 of 6 Old 05-09-2015, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
There is some discussion here about alternatives to suturing:

http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/suturing.html

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page