The Cost of Peeing on a Stick - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 05-06-2015, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The Cost of Peeing on a Stick

Ok so with my last baby I did a complete UP/UC and never even got proof of pregnancy. It was ok since I live in Alaksa. When I talked to the lady at vital statistics to get that birth certificate she asked me kindly if I would try to do that for my next pregnancy.

I just got my insurance bill for getting that proof of pregnancy. For me to go in and pee on a stick, I have to pay $300 out of pocket! That is the most expensive pregnancy test I have ever taken in my life!

I just wanted to vent that here where I knew others would understand the absolute absurdity. Anyone else every have to deal with something like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-09-2015, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia Collini View Post
Ok so with my last baby I did a complete UP/UC and never even got proof of pregnancy. It was ok since I live in Alaksa. When I talked to the lady at vital statistics to get that birth certificate she asked me kindly if I would try to do that for my next pregnancy.

I just got my insurance bill for getting that proof of pregnancy. For me to go in and pee on a stick, I have to pay $300 out of pocket! That is the most expensive pregnancy test I have ever taken in my life!

I just wanted to vent that here where I knew others would understand the absolute absurdity. Anyone else every have to deal with something like that?
I've never heard of such an outrageous bill, although I've always gone through planned parenthood or the public health clinics to do proof of pregnancy because it's either free or low cost like 7 bucks, even when I lived in Ak. I would be calling the insurance company....wow
#3 of 3 Old 05-26-2015, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm in nome where the hospital is the only option for something like this. I could call the insurance company but I'm not really sure what I could say to change it. I got billed for tests and doctors visits and etc. when literally all I did was go in pee on the stick and tell the doctor that I wasn't interested in anything other than a proof of pregnancy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page