My dd was exposed to nuts and sunflower seeds for the first time today and had a reaction. Swelling upper lip. Maybe a little overall swelling elsewhere (belly, etc).
We have a known dairy allergy. Allergist recommended benadryl for mild reactions - defined as skin itching, rash/hives, or swelling as in her lips, face or around eyes. Epi pen for more pronounced and protracted symptoms consistent with anaphylaxis.
I gave her benadryl at least 30 minutes ago, almost 45, and the swelling of her lip is still there. Is that normal? How long should the benadryl take?
Once the swelling is gone, is it ok to let her go to sleep? What if the swelling comes back or comes back worse while she is asleep? It is already her bedtime, but I do not feel comfortable letting her go to sleep yet.
Ugh! I hate this!