My SIL goes to a naturopath, who is in practice with his father, an ENT/Environmental Medicine doctor. They both do the intradermal testing, where they actually squirt the allergen under your skin vs. just a scratch test. The naturopath told my SIL to watch the area for 24 hours afterwards and if it showed any reaction, it was considered an intolerance (where an immediate reaction was an allergy). I have never heard of this before, and considering my DS had the same test and didn't react to any of his allergens, I don't believe it either. I think both reactions he's talking about are IgE allergies (immediate and delayed) where an IgG intolerance is a different mechanism. I thought some lab people mention on here does both an IgG and IgE test on the blood....
Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)