Natural Remedies for Outside Seasonal Allergies ,Dust, Mold, Mildew - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyways, I was diagnosed in the past with having allergies to dust, mold and mildew. I also get allergy sxs in the winter to spring season but once summer gets here all I have is a rash that goes away when cold weather comes around.

I even sneeze, runny nose and eyes water around many other cleaning products so i been trying the more natural cleaning approach it smells great but some times the scents from the natural make me a bit dizzy .

So I want to figure out how do prevent the outside ones naturally I can't remove the carpet since I live in an apartment and this apartment proably has been around for many years with many people.

I even get really sick by cigarettes and I don't smoke but nearly everyone at the apartment complex does !

I'm just wondering if my allergies are the cause of me leading to an increase sickness throughout the winter/spring year because of them making me lower my immunity .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just took ds to his 3 year check up and he has also been having what looks like seasonal allergies, water puffy eyes, sneezing, nasal drip. Well the MD. suggested i get raw honey produced locally that hasn't been filtered, and Mother apple cidar vinegar and mix a teaspoon of each in some oj for ds to drink. He said ds doesn't seem to have allergies that bad to warrent steroids etc, and suggested that remedy after i said we may get an air purfier with hepa filter, which may also help your allergies. I ran up to the local health food store and got some local raw honey and apple cidar vinegar with Mother for under 8$. i also was having a bit of allergies and took some along with my ds and i do feel a bit better. So I would try that remedy if i were you. Along with an air purifier i think that would help quite a bit. I will monitor ds and see how well the home remedy works. This was our first time visiting this doctor, he was mentioned on this board about being ok with no/vax and he seems to be a great choice so far! We will probably still get a air purifier as we do have some mold issues in our home, but that will take a couple weeks to research which one to buy but the doctor said he has one at his home and that it makes a great difference in his opinion. i know they can be a bit pricey probably 200-500$? but i think it will be worth it health wise.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page