Happy (Holi)Days are here again!! Chat! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

#151 of 874 Old 12-06-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tracy,

Hoping your day is shaping up better. I'd be over in a heartbeat if I lived nearby. I'm sorry your stbx is being a UAV and that his new GF is... making things even worse. (Another UAV averted )
and much

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 874 Old 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Anyone shop shilohfarms.com? I have a 20% off promo code, TREAT91209. I got my sorghum grain from them (and could never get it to pop - if anyone wants several bags, PM me!!).

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#153 of 874 Old 12-06-2009, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hugs Tracy. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple

#154 of 874 Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 PM

hugs. I've been thinking of you all day Tracy. I hope you were able to find your peace in the chaos, and if not, well tomorrow is another day.

I am feeling really lonely. The first time in a long time. I lost a few of my closest friends last year during my depression and then I moved, so lost contact with my more casual friends. I have kind of have friends where I am but they don't really know me, and I have kept my distance with others. I think I am afraid to make friends and get hurt again.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#155 of 874 Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 PM

s mammo2sammo, it is hard feeling lonely. It is almost as hard to make good friends as it is for people to find a romantic interest I think.

I was lucky that my dad called just after I posted. He has this innate ability to tell when I'm about to climb up to the roof and jump off. He drove thru McD's and brought nuggets for the older two. I gave them some steamed carrots to go with it. The baby and I had rice and some shredded chicken that was in the freezer pulled from a whole chicken done in the crockpot. My dad lended some sanity while I got the kids and myself dressed. I scraped off the cookies from the sheet and brought those to the party. The baby fell asleep on the way and my friends watched the older two inside while I sat in the warm van with the baby and relaxed for 30 minutes. My friend's husband even brought me out some carrots and a glass of water. When I brought the baby in she was oblivious to the cookies being decorated at the table and wanted to play with toys instead. I gave her the scraped off would-be star shaped cookies and she ate them just fine.

I broke down and called Noodles for a gluten free bowl for myself and mac and cheese for the kids and was going to send my 7 yr old in w/my check card to pay and pick it up. Baby was crying in the van, my wallet wasn't in my purse, still can't find it (either it is lost/stolen or in the van - the irony) so sent the 7 yr old in w/a check. She tripped on the ribbon from the balloons from the party and fell out of the van. They wouldn't take a check. I just cancelled the order and we went home.

Nothing is ever easy. But I guess it could be a lot worse. The baby is doing well.

I wish I had the time to follow and understand the nutrition info you guys talk about here.

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

#156 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

COOKIES!!!
Om nom nom nom.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#157 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM

Oh Tracy! It seems like things come in bunches and we just have to slog through them sometimes! Hoping it's a better day, week, month, year for you (and Jacqueline).

On another note, I don't ... okay, I'll start a new thread instead of burying it here. Never mind. And my DS has a new favorite food, millet porridge.

Kathy, mother of 3, wife of 1. My new recipe blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
longer searchable by allergen, but at least it doesn't have a virus!)
#158 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wugmama View Post
s mammo2sammo, it is hard feeling lonely. It is almost as hard to make good friends as it is for people to find a romantic interest I think.

I was lucky that my dad called just after I posted. He has this innate ability to tell when I'm about to climb up to the roof and jump off. He drove thru McD's and brought nuggets for the older two. I gave them some steamed carrots to go with it. The baby and I had rice and some shredded chicken that was in the freezer pulled from a whole chicken done in the crockpot. My dad lended some sanity while I got the kids and myself dressed. I scraped off the cookies from the sheet and brought those to the party. The baby fell asleep on the way and my friends watched the older two inside while I sat in the warm van with the baby and relaxed for 30 minutes. My friend's husband even brought me out some carrots and a glass of water. When I brought the baby in she was oblivious to the cookies being decorated at the table and wanted to play with toys instead. I gave her the scraped off would-be star shaped cookies and she ate them just fine.

I broke down and called Noodles for a gluten free bowl for myself and mac and cheese for the kids and was going to send my 7 yr old in w/my check card to pay and pick it up. Baby was crying in the van, my wallet wasn't in my purse, still can't find it (either it is lost/stolen or in the van - the irony) so sent the 7 yr old in w/a check. She tripped on the ribbon from the balloons from the party and fell out of the van. They wouldn't take a check. I just cancelled the order and we went home.

Nothing is ever easy. But I guess it could be a lot worse. The baby is doing well.

I wish I had the time to follow and understand the nutrition info you guys talk about here.

~Tracy
Well kudos to your dad. It's good to have someone like that in your life. None of my family members are that intuitive.

Sorry its such a rough go. I really do wish we lived closer so we could help each other out.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#159 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
COOKIES!!!
Om nom nom nom.
So how were the brownies?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#160 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 12:21 PM

Ok ladies. I'm a little freaked out here. My daughter has been a little "off" for a couple of weeks now. Over the last few days she has definitely been "sick". Mostly its been a cough. But starting Friday she has been lethargic late in the day with a very low grade fever that doesn't seem to last that long (an hour or two). In the middle of Saturday night she woke up with bright red cheeks (no fever) and wouldn't go back to sleep. Yesterday she seemed much better but still had the red cheeks, so DH let her go sledding. Probably not a wise idea.

Well today she has a low grade fever, bright cheeks (right moreso than left), is lethargic and also seems to be very sad or afraid or something. She's very weepy & keeps asking for her dad. I'm sick as well plus I have DS so I can't devote every moment to her.

I contacted the ND but it usually takes her a day or two to get back to me. Any thoughts on a homeopathic remedy that might turn this around?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#161 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Here are homeopathics for fever: http://www.hpathy.com/diseases/fever...tment-cure.asp

Fever- no medication approach

104 degrees or miserable are my indicators to start *homeopathics*.

Consider the whole picture: fever?, lethargy? thirst? color? diarrhea? discomfort? blood? projectile? voiding? etc.

Here are some homeopathic alternatives for nausea/vomiting features:
http://www.homeopathiccentre.com.au/a_nausea.htm
http://www.hpathy.com/diseases/vomit...tment-cure.asp
http://books.google.com/books?id=NXI...um=8&ct=result
http://www.geocities.com/indianhomeo.../vomiting.html

Pat

I have a blog.
#162 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
So how were the brownies?
They were good, but a little crumbly. I was impatient, so I didn't let the seeds soak, which messes up the texture a little.

Tracy,
I know things will look up for you soon.

It's cold here. Not like, Alaska cold but cold enough. There's a layer of ice on the bucket of water outside. And we have 2 working heaters in the house, both in bedrooms. The ones downstairs have been torn out as well now so we can't even rely on those to keep the house warm. *sigh* I've been heating the living area of the house with the oven, for the most part (not energy efficient to say the least). I need to phone and see how much a cord of wood costs.
We went and got our tree yesterday. ds2 is trying to "decorate" it atm with his breakfast spoon and an old yogourt container (from like a year ago- used to wash his hair now in the tub).

#163 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Ok ladies. I'm a little freaked out here. My daughter has been a little "off" for a couple of weeks now. Over the last few days she has definitely been "sick". Mostly its been a cough. But starting Friday she has been lethargic late in the day with a very low grade fever that doesn't seem to last that long (an hour or two). In the middle of Saturday night she woke up with bright red cheeks (no fever) and wouldn't go back to sleep. Yesterday she seemed much better but still had the red cheeks, so DH let her go sledding. Probably not a wise idea.

Well today she has a low grade fever, bright cheeks (right moreso than left), is lethargic and also seems to be very sad or afraid or something. She's very weepy & keeps asking for her dad. I'm sick as well plus I have DS so I can't devote every moment to her.

I contacted the ND but it usually takes her a day or two to get back to me. Any thoughts on a homeopathic remedy that might turn this around?
My guess with my limited knowledge would be chamomilla. It is for one pink cheeked (I often see uneven pinkness), clinginess, child. There is an angry nature though, and you are describing her as sad. Will keep thinking.

#164 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
My guess with my limited knowledge would be chamomilla. It is for one pink cheeked (I often see uneven pinkness), clinginess, child. There is an angry nature though, and you are describing her as sad. Will keep thinking.
I'm inclined to go with lycopodium bc it's effecting the right side and was slow in onset.

#165 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM

What potency do you use for fever? I have 30c or 200c.

Interestingly, Lycopedium is the remedy her ND has her on. We did a 30c dose several weeks ago. I wonder if I should use something else or something stronger.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#166 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What potency do you use for fever? I have 30c or 200c.

Interestingly, Lycopedium is the remedy her ND has her on. We did a 30c dose several weeks ago. I wonder if I should use something else or something stronger.
I was wondering if it might not be "her remedy" after reading about it a bit more.
I would probably stay with it at the same dose of 30c but then I know less than M2S about this stuff.

#167 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 05:25 PM

I am not making much progress reading b/c DS won't let me. He only wants to watch digger videos.

Boy, DD is lethargic. Very sad.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#168 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I was wondering if it might not be "her remedy" after reading about it a bit more.
I would probably stay with it at the same dose of 30c but then I know less than M2S about this stuff.
Wow, you're good. You got all that from reading about her. You're better than you think.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#169 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I am not making much progress reading b/c DS won't let me. He only wants to watch digger videos.

Boy, DD is lethargic. Very sad.
When you say she's lethargic- is she responding to you? If she is, I wouldn't class that as lethargy. I can't remember who (sbgrace?) posted this info on lethargy. I used to consider it just a way of saying that someone was moving slowly, or laying around fatigued, but after reading that my heart skips a beat when someone describes anyone else as lethargic.

#170 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
When you say she's lethargic- is she responding to you? If she is, I wouldn't class that as lethargy. I can't remember who (sbgrace?) posted this info on lethargy. I used to consider it just a way of saying that someone was moving slowly, or laying around fatigued, but after reading that my heart skips a beat when someone describes anyone else as lethargic.
By lethargic I mean that all she wants to do is lie on the couch. She has gotten up to pee a couple of times & twice gone to her room to try & sleep (both times she said she didn't sleep but I think she cat napped). She gave me a smile when prompted but otherwise is just lying about.

That said it's a very different state than what she normally is in. And usually when she is sick (although she hasn't had a fever in a while) she is still moving around.

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#171 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 06:17 PM

So I'm actually leaning towards Gels as a remedy. It's got the heat & the lying around & needing to be covered up. Should I just give it a go and see what happens?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
#172 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm not the most studied person when it comes to homeopathy and flower essences, but my thoughtpath is to give it a whirl. It can't hurt. And it might really help. I had incredible relief with gelsemium and headache. Good luck.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#173 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I might know a lot about my boys and myself, but JR you have a knack for it for other people. I haven't forgotten your thought about me and ipecac. I can't do that.
I just tested and my pendulum says lyco. Two votes lyco, one vote cham - and two of those votes are mine.
Keep in mind that I rarely test for others though.

eta: two votes gels. (My pendulum still says lyco - but again I rarely test for others.)
I hope she is feeling better.

#174 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
I'm not the most studied person when it comes to homeopathy and flower essences, but my thoughtpath is to give it a whirl. It can't hurt. And it might really help. I had incredible relief with gelsemium and headache. Good luck.

I'm still going with lyco, but if your gut is saying gels, try it. There is, of course, the possibility that they should be alternated (I seem to remember that being the case for you, M2S, at one point, wasn't it?).

#175 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
I might know a lot about my boys and myself, but JR you have a knack for it for other people. I haven't forgotten your thought about me and ipecac. I can't do that.
I just tested and my pendulum says lyco. Two votes lyco, one vote cham - and two of those votes are mine.
Keep in mind that I rarely test for others though.

eta: two votes gels. (My pendulum still says lyco - but again I rarely test for others.)
I hope she is feeling better.
That's a pretty rare happenstance for me, though it used to be much more frequent. I really should start saying something to people when that happens though, especially when it's as strong as it was that day.
You *can* do it. You do it every time you pick up your pendulum. I just happen to have been doing it for other things with various methods for the last 20 years or so, such that sometimes I don't need the "tools". My foster-mom called it "listening to the wind" (her preferred method of testing things was a form of muscle testing I think).

#176 of 874 Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:

I'm still going with lyco, but if your gut is saying gels, try it. There is, of course, the possibility that they should be alternated (I seem to remember that being the case for you, M2S, at one point, wasn't it?).
Yeah it is pretty common for me to switch between two remedies. Sometimes it is for approaching the same problem other times for two separate problems at the same time (deep muscle pain vs light muscle pain, headache vs sore throat.)

#177 of 874 Old 12-08-2009, 12:07 AM

Well, after all the weird sensations over the last week... I feel normal again.
Hmmm. AND, it looks like (from across the room) Taslyn has an eczema spot the size of a quarter on her butt. ACK! Its in the usual spot of years gone past... related to corn and garlic. Haven't seen it once since we started high dose vitamin D 15 months ago. Also haven't gone up close for an analytical view. So it could be something else, like paint or something. Who knows. I'm afraid to look!!!

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#178 of 874 Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 AM

You guys, CS posted on FB that J had hives all three meals today. Can you please rally and send her some healing energy and hope? I'm scared for her.

#179 of 874 Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn.mama View Post
You guys, CS posted on FB that J had hives all three meals today. Can you please rally and send her some healing energy and hope? I'm scared for her.
Oh no!
Going now! Thanks for the heads-up Lisa!

#180 of 874 Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 AM

Dd had another awesome mood/play day and I can only credit the fudge/folate/mag. She's also waking every hour all night long again, and still isn't near sleepy despite no nap today. :yawning Normally, she'd have been asleep 3 hours ago. So what's good, what's bad, what's normal, what's going on? Am I adding layers or peeling them off? She's also been sneezing and her cheeks keep turning pink. And it's freezing but she STILL refuses to wear clothes!

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page