Emotions causing allergies ? clear emotion=allergy gone? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 06-27-2010, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was just introduced to this idea today by a friend who does energy work. She told me that she had been at a seminar where they talked about emotional basis for food allergies (basically that negative associations with food could happen because of emotional stuff, and that clearing up the emotions could clear up the allergy). It resonated with me, and I'm wondering if anyone can point me to more information on this idea.
Both my DS and I have newly diagnosed allergies, and I can think of multiple potential emotional/energy causes for him without hesitation (he had a pretty rough early life). I'm not so sure about me, but dang if we can heal ourselves (and this new diet can be short term rather than long term) I am definitely up for trying it!

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-27-2010, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How completely scary to believe that my child's anaphylactic food allergies are because of "emotional stuff." Maybe it's the cause of autism too?

Never heard this connection and I don't believe it for a minute. Sounds like another way to make a mother feel guilty for her child's allergies. Not gonna happen.

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#3 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 AM

Hi Brightonwoman!
We've been seeing a kinergetics practitioner and it has cleared up both of my children's mild IgEs and more severe IgGs, (Alletess blood test). I never would have thought there could have been a connection, but seeing has been believing for me! I don't think it's the cause for all allergies or works for everyone of course, but for us the blocked emotions were causing the food issues. There is some info on the site and a few videos on youtube. In our case negative energy was passed down from past generations and manifested as food issues. The practitioner closest to us charges $30 for a half hour session so it was worth it to give it a try to see if it helped or not. I bet there are other types of energy work that could do the same thing.

:::

#4 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 01:11 AM

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#5 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 AM

While it certainly has not cured my food sensitivities, energy work has ABSOLUTELY helped lessen them. A friend told me it cleared her and her children of their allergies but I kind of swept it to the side, thinking it to be voo doo ish. Finally my sensitivities got so bad, I went to see her practitioner. Energy work, chiropractic care, and the right supplements has helped me get soooo many foods back. I'm certainly not done working but I'm better.
#6 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 PM

I'm willing to bet that if "energy work" worked, it wasn't a true allergy or intolerance in the first place.

Mama of three.

#7 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 03:27 PM

I agree, elm. I mean, it sounds intriguing, and I wish my DS and I didn't have food allergies - but, take MSG or Gluten, for example. How could energy work get rid of the powerful, physical side effects? Maybe I don't understand, though. And would it work for other allergies? Like cats. My kid get hives, itchy eyes, and his throat closes up where he is wheezing and struggling to breath. I am skeptical that energy/emotional healing would reverse such clear reactions.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#8 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 04:00 PM

Well, we're about to start NAET for my daughter's allergies (both IgG and IgE), so I'll let you know how it works out. This practitioner says that he can "cure" anaphylactic allergies and has a lot of patient testimonials supporting him, so there's got to be something to it.

But I don't really equate energy work to all "emotional" stuff either - energy doesn't equal emotion in my understanding of it. I think that energy can be blocked or stuck for a variety of reasons. I really have no clue though.

eta: I will add that we've used homeopathics with great results, and that is an energy based medicine as well.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#9 of 11 Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
4Blessings I certainly agree that the last thing a mom needs is to hear that she in any way caused her child's allergies. According to my friend (according to her seminair) it's not always stuff that happened to the child directly, it could have been from prior generations...it sounded fairly elaborate and complicated honestly.
And yeah, healthy dose of scepticism here too...
BUT, I have seen allergies clear up via muscle testing/NAET/chiropractic too...so it makes me wonder.
I've been reading up in some of the "healing the gut" stuff, and I kinda get the feeling that at least some allergic reactions happen because the system gets worn down for whatever reason, so it can't cope with things that in a healthy system would just be irritants. Particularly in our cases, where both DS and my allergies are reading as mild (and virtually asymptomatic) I'm really wondering about that. Even if it can help us respond with intolerance rather than allergy (ie, it may give us some short-term discomfort but won't cause damage) then I would be able to be a little more relaxed about things like what DS might eat at someone elses house, or being able to go to the church potluck, you know?

~Jenni, rural frugal Alaskan, eternally married to Dragon
loving my wild things DS Wolf (12), 3 angels, DS Bear (6) & DS Eagle (3)

#10 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmh23 View Post
I'm willing to bet that if "energy work" worked, it wasn't a true allergy or intolerance in the first place.

Except I had IgG testing with one doctor, and muscle testing with another and I DO have sensitivities (and a myriad of other issues, including an auto-immune disease.) If I consume some of the foods I'm sensitive to, I get swollen ears, fill with mucus, and eventually start itching all over my body the first day. Benedryl helps stop the itching. The second day I have intestinal issues and the third day my skin breaks out. YES, I have food sensitivities. I'm willing to bet you've researched next to nothing about energy work. It's actually not as kooky as it's been made to be. It's healing people so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss everyone it works for.
#11 of 11 Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiajenn View Post
Except I had IgG testing with one doctor, and muscle testing with another and I DO have sensitivities (and a myriad of other issues, including an auto-immune disease.) If I consume some of the foods I'm sensitive to, I get swollen ears, fill with mucus, and eventually start itching all over my body the first day. Benedryl helps stop the itching. The second day I have intestinal issues and the third day my skin breaks out. YES, I have food sensitivities. I'm willing to bet you've researched next to nothing about energy work. It's actually not as kooky as it's been made to be. It's healing people so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss everyone it works for.
Eh, I'm okay with not researching it and still thinking it's wacky. How exactly has it lessened your reactions? Also, allergies/intolerances can change from one reaction to another, go away at random times and come back (or for the first time) at random times.

I'm sorry, I don't buy it. And I'm pretty sure my kids emotions aren't tied to the fact that food hurts them. Their genetics kind of set them up for that (we're on like four generations of some kind of allergy.)

Mama of three.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page