Omega 3 sources for toddler - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 09-10-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone suggest a non-CLO source of omega 3 for my 14 month old. She doesn't seem to be able to eat any sea food related things. Someone suggested flax oil and another evening primrose oil. I haven't tried either and am hesitant.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-15-2010, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bean-e View Post
Can anyone suggest a non-CLO source of omega 3 for my 14 month old. She doesn't seem to be able to eat any sea food related things. Someone suggested flax oil and another evening primrose oil. I haven't tried either and am hesitant.

Thank you!
Hi, I don't know if my little one is allergic to fish and I will find out in 10 days as he just had a RAST done today, but I'll be looking for the same answers if it turns out that he is. I am desperate to get omega 3/DHA into him as he obviously needs it to help his brain development and growth but I don't want to go near my CLO that is sitting in the fridge because I suspect he has a fish allergy.

According to Nina Planck in her book REAL FOOD FOR MOTHER AND BABY, there is omega 3 in grass-fed milk and beef and pastured eggs. Also eggs from hens that are not necessarily raised outdoors/pastured, but are fed omega 3 fats from fish or flaxseed. I don't know if the fish in their diet would affect your child in any way.

We can't do dairy or eggs at the moment so that leaves me with flaxseed oil which I haven't tried.

GOOD LUCK xxx

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page