Seasonal Allergies!!! Any Natural remedies? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 05-17-2002, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Dh's nose has turned into an itchy volcano of clear runny snot! Eyed pink and teary! Sneezes that wake sleeping babies!

It happens to him every May...he's thinking of getting a prescription for Allegra, says he's tried everyrhing else , but I just wanting to check and see if any of you mamas knew of natural treatments for these kinds of allergies that work? Herbs, etc?

We're so grateful for any ideas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-18-2002, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I recently read an article that claimed that new research suggests that the herb petasites (butterbur) has as good an effect as claratin like drugs in the treatment of hayfever. it is marketed as Petaforce and petadolor by Bioforce, a Swiss herbal company, I don't know if you can get it in the US. It is normally used for migraines.

They also sell Luffa Complex specifically for Hayfever, I had very good results with this.

Other remedies you might try are Vitamin C; local honey(this needs to be taken before the allergy season as well as during); plantago can ease the rhinitis too and there.

Keep the house well vacuumed and close the windows if you are out and in the early evening if possible.

Hope this helps

Amulet
#3 of 8 Old 05-18-2002, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks for the info, Amulet, we'll look around for some of these...

#4 of 8 Old 05-19-2002, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dad had horrible hay fever every spring. He used to get a shot every year that he hated but it was the only way he could stand it. He started going to acupuncture, and his allergies are way more manageable now. It made a huge difference - from him being laid up in bed unable to go outside to a few sneezes and watery eyes sometimes.
#5 of 8 Old 05-19-2002, 10:44 AM

Nettle tea is great for allergies, also my dh takes Histamine by SOLARAY Blend SP-33 Clay & Herbs.

Hope that helps Cece
#6 of 8 Old 05-19-2002, 03:16 PM

I've been taking dried nettles (in capsules) for years. I have terrible spring allergies and this works great! The only thing is that you MUST begin taking it well before allergy season hits. I mark my calendar and generally start taking it in March. Depends on your climate, but I'd give it a good one month head start. Consistency is key, but it really works!
#7 of 8 Old 05-20-2002, 12:20 PM

The magazine in the Sunday Times this weekend has the following info in it
"apples, onions, lollo rosso lettuce, endives and leeks...all supply quercetin,...which can block histamine release acting in effect as natures very own antihistamine therapy"
Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflamation in hayfever sufferers
Chamomile, sage and elderflower teas are anti-inflamatory
Ginger, peppermint and anise teas act as natural anti-histamines.

Hope some of this will help.
#8 of 8 Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
Dh's nose has turned into an itchy volcano of clear runny snot! Eyed pink and teary! Sneezes that wake sleeping babies!

It happens to him every May...he's thinking of getting a prescription for Allegra, says he's tried everyrhing else , but I just wanting to check and see if any of you mamas knew of natural treatments for these kinds of allergies that work? Herbs, etc?

We're so grateful for any ideas!
I used to have very bad seasonal allergies myself. I could not afford doctor and the medicine that I was buying over the counter did not really help. My friend is a naturopath and he gave me “DRAGS IMUN”. It taste pretty bad but is worked on my allergies. The product is all natural. This is web. where you can read more about the product:
www.energysp.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page